Thread: Training requirements

Default Training requirements

Under EASA what sort of requirements are there for the training of the trainers for the Aviation Human Factors Course, Fuel Tank Safety and Refresher Training?
    A well balanced diet, is a chocolate mud pie in each hand.

Default Re: Training requirements

If my memory serves me well, CAP 716 gives the CAAs intereptation of the PART 145 requirement to HF, with advice on trainers preparation..

CAP 716

Independant or company trainers for HF and continuation training do not need Part 147 approvals - only some sort of local NAA approval, such as a letter of the proposed syllabus's acceptance from the CAA.

I believe this is to enable smaller companies to conduct their own in-house training within their own Part 145 quality systems.

I don't know about Tank Training - but there is a requirement from at least the HSE point of view for confined-space working, breathing & safety equipment, duties and responsibilities, etc.
    Looked alright to Me....

My FTS level training at the company I work for, was done under the direction of SFAR 88.

HF & Continuation training is a Part-145 requirement and need not involve a Part-147 organisation at all. Large 145s that have an affiliated 147 would be advised to use them as they will have accredited instructors with (mostly) good qualifications but this should be stated in the MOE and the MTOE so the NAA can have effective oversight.

All a 145 has to do is meet the requirements of 145.A.30 though and that is easy as this can be done via on-line training, CBT or on shift briefings which are all very cheap but as much use as a chocolate fireguard (Caution; Opinion time!).

And what's this doing in the CAME forum board? There is no requirement within Part-M for staff to receive HF training so why don't you all just ignore it?

In short 145s can pretty much do what they want but the best way forward is to get a 147 to manage it for them as at least the instructors and training material will be available for audit via established processes.

There are some snakes out there guys so beware. Chose your training providers well. I would say that though wouldn't I?!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
    HF & Continuation training is a Part-145 requirement and need not involve a Part-147 organisation at all. Large 145s that have an affiliated 147 would be advised to use them as they will have accredited instructors with (mostly) good qualifications but this should be stated in the MOE and the MTOE so the NAA can have effective oversight.

All a 145 has to do is meet the requirements of 145.A.30 though and that is easy as this can be done via on-line training, CBT or on shift briefings which are all very cheap but as much use as a chocolate fireguard (Caution; Opinion time!).

And what's this doing in the CAME forum board? There is no requirement within Part-M for staff to receive HF training so why don't you all just ignore it?

In short 145s can pretty much do what they want but the best way forward is to get a 147 to manage it for them as at least the instructors and training material will be available for audit via established processes.

There are some snakes out there guys so beware. Chose your training providers well. I would say that though wouldn't I?!

Ref the E-learning I posed a question to the CAA "what the CAA/EASA policy on courses that are carried out via E-learning.

What is the policy on confirming that the person, who has applied and taken a none Part 147 course i.e. Fuel Tank Safety, Human Factors etc via E-Learning, is the actual person taking the course? The reason I ask is if the Maintenance Organisation accepts the certificate from the person, the organisation may not know if that person actually was the person who took the course."

No answer yet.

C

M.A.606 Personnel requirements

(g) The maintenance organisation shall have sufficient certifying staff to issue M.A.612 and M.A.613 certificates of
    release to service for aircraft and components. They shall comply with the requirements of Part-66.

To me, that would include the normal continuation training requirements of "Company procedures, human factors issues and relevant technology updates".
    At least now I can be legally legless

Here in Germany they require all Part M staff that have something to do with engineering to have HF, fuel tank system and aviation Legislation continuation training.

The EASA lads in europe dont look to keen on e-learning. They have held a workshop on this subject, but I dont know the outcome yet.

It seems that they want e-learning only when accompnied by frontal teaching with an instructor. I think they will impose a percentage limit on it, say 30% e-learning 70% frontal with instructor. 100% e-learning will not be accepted.
    Its not my f****** Airline company

Thread Information