Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New RYR Hangar @ PIK

4 seasons in one day, mainly the coldest, wetest one !

Default New RYR Hangar @ PIK

Got to be good news, especially for local lads.

It is flyin' up and rumoured for completion Sept 10.
    Six numbers . . thats all i need !

Default Re: New RYR Hangar @ PIK

How does he get away with it? An Irishman running an Irish business with Irish registered aircraft, yet the HQ is at STN and now he is building a maintenance facility in Scotland? But I wonder, if an employee wants to go to the bog on works time, is he going to dock 1 out of their wages? Perish the thought!
    Giz a job!

Quote Originally Posted by jetfueldrinker View Post
    How does he get away with it? An Irishman running an Irish business with Irish registered aircraft, yet the HQ is at STN and now he is building a maintenance facility in Scotland? But I wonder, if an employee wants to go to the bog on works time, is he going to dock 1 out of their wages? Perish the thought!
    And there was me thinking the HQ was at DUB and Ryanair already had a long established hangar at Prestwick? Ah well, live and learn.

The HQ(?) at STN, is that Stansted Aircraft Maintenance Ltd you're thinking of? And the new maintenance facility at PWK, that'll maybe be part of Prestwick Aircraft Maintenance Ltd?

The HQ is definatley in DUB, it just so happens that STN is a bigger base but all the strings are pulled from DUB and the company is registered in Ireland....
    Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians....

Roumer has it you have to pay to park your car during shift and also slot machines on toilet doors. If you want hanger heated in winter when enugh cash in slot machine heating will come on but only untill cash lasts. Also have to pay corkage to bring own food in.

When I was in RYR we had to pay for our car parking, our uniform and even our ID cards.....

Last edited by got2bmore; May 1st, 2013 at 06:36.

I handed back the same number of uniform items as they gave me. Unfortunately the items I gave back were those I found in the scrap rag pile that lay in the locker room having been contaminated with fuel, oil, shit etc and distributed some of the brand new and almost new items to the guys I left behind. I did however keep one jumper, one polo shirt as a souvenier and the wet weather jacket and thermal 'freezer suit' because they are actually superb quality.....

'actually superb quality'

This Ryan Air were talking about !!!!!! The two don't go together.

I know, it surprised me too but the blue ramp jacket they gave (sold) us was a really good piece of kit in extreme weather conditions, it kept you warm and dry but you could also wear it in marginal weather conditions without it being uncomfortably hot.
    My dad cuts a fine dash when he steps out for his daily constitutional in it replete with the "Ryanair Low Cost Airline" logo emblazoned across the broad of his back....
    The freezer suit was like a set of thermal padded overalls that you see people working in industrial freezers wearing, again it superb for wearing on those cold winter nights and definately too valuable to return.
    Looking back on it now I suppose the reason they could "afford" to supply such valuable equipment was because the costs were passed on to the end user (you and me).....

Thread Information