Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Irish issued EASA licence not acceptable in MAS??

Default Irish issued EASA licence not acceptable in MAS??

Ive seen several jobs online for Singapore region which interest me but they all request a UK issued EASA licence, surley all EASA licences are the same at this stage. wasnt that the thinking behind all the JAR 66 stuff?? Either way, has anybody got any ideas on how I can maybe do a conversion, or what exactly the requirements are for a conversion?

PS:keep the smart arse answers to a minium!
    dont ask me how long it will be!!!!!!

Default Re: Irish issued EASA licence not acceptable in MAS??

PS:keep the smart arse answers to a minium!
    You obviously never read my many previous posts about 'never get an Irish Part-66 license'.

Too late to change now, you'll need to start looking at other employers.

You could take all the Modular examinations again and apply for the UK license, although you'd need to lie on the application as it not permitted to hold two Part-66 licenses (cue Billy...).

You could take all the Modular examinations again and apply for the UK license, although you'd need to lie on the application as it not permitted to hold two Part-66 licenses
    I agree with 400......
    Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians....

And the so called level playing field only applies to Europe ,most places in Asia are very fussy , a result of bad experiences in the early days . If you have anything other than a UK licence you will definity struggle , sorry to be the bearer of bad news ......

although you'd need to lie on the application as it not permitted to hold two Part-66 licenses..
    Not according to Antonio, and he knew some Spanish examples...

The Singapore case is just a colonial sentiment..

The Irish Part 66 is as good as they come..
    I love this job

I know a few examples a lot closer to home than that....

Both issuing NAA's are aware of the situation and obviously quite happy with the arrangement......

Apart from that I agree with 400.....

EASA appear to permit the situation of holding 2 AMLs from different issuing NAAs expecting communications to occur between the respective NAAs for this scenario.

The reason for not permitting more than one Part-66 license is that if one of these licenses were suspended or revoked, having an alternate would not prevent the holder from certifying illegally.

We know that a few people out there have slipped through the cracks and got two Part-66 licenses, probably mainly in part to do with the lack of comms between NAA's and a lack of any penalty for being found out. Some techs hold two licenses as part of their foreign work, often a requirement for remote locations where Part-66 has yet to arrive fully so a local license is issued based on the Part-66 usually.

Luckily, most aircraft technicians are trustworthy people and it is unusual to have a Part-66 license revoked, so not normally any problems. It is a bigger problem with some NAA's issuing licenses without the required modular examinations being completed, this is probably where the real problems lay.

I know more companies who have lost their various approvals, but I cannot recall a technicians license being suspended....

Hypothetical situation....
    An individual holds two distinct (Pre *****) licences issued by two different NAA's neither of which are 'recognised' by the other.
    This individual is entitled to convert their original licence to the shiny new 'leather look' ***** but the two original licences although deemed eligible for conversion by the JAA are viewed in a different light by each NAA.
    NAA #1 believes that based on the licence they issued the holder is entitled to a ***** with 'ABC',
    NAA #2 believes that based on the licence they issued the holder is entitled to a ***** with 'XYZ',
    Both NAA's acknowledge that based on 'both' licences, the holder is technically entitled to a ***** with 'ABC+XYZ'.
    Problem is that neither NAA is prepared to issue a shiny new 'leather look' ***** based on a licence issued by the other NAA.

What happened next...?

(a) The holder decided to hang on to his original licences and never converted ...
    (b) In order to preserve their existing rights and priveleges on conversion, the holder was allowed to convert each original licence into a shiny new 'leather look' ***** by each of the original issuing NAA's with the full knowledge and permission of each NAA....
    (c) Bobby Charlton in the 1966 World Cup Final

I forgot we can't say Jarse66......

Thread Information