Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LRTT or AST?

Default Re: LRTT or AST?

I've done both and would personally choose LRTT if I were to do any courses again. The major factor for most people would be location. North or south?

Like 400Hz says they both produce the goods.
    It will do little piggy...It will do.

It must be (c) then......
    Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians....

It's all an essay to me!

100% for grammer.....

Thanks for your responses so far. I don't really mind whether I'm North or South, I don't have any ties to either location. I was looking towards AST because until recently I was stationed up in Scotland where AST/Perth College had advertised more prominently.

Adrian from LRTT says:

'Give me a call and we can discss your training requirements in more detail. Click on our banner to get our main number, we are here to help.'

Do youself a favour and start doing the modules now, by self study. And get contracting if possible during weekends to get youself into the industry. Doing a zero to hero course will not guarantee you a job offer. True your RAF time will help over other college boys as you have experience, but try and find a job at the moment apart from connying as a mech.

BTW, you can have half to three quarters of the modules done with application to serious study in that year. And save yourself a fortune.

Although many like the spoon-fed approach of a full course for each module, the self-improver with a good attitude can usually 'bang off' quite a few of the basic modules.

The likes of LRTT and other colleges can provide the gritty course material and structured classroom-based lessons to lift you over the brick wall modules like 11, 12, 6, 7 or any one of your choice.

The advantage of self-improving whilst working is that your OJT increases all the time, and you also get paid, but you know this already. Most companies looking for employees would like to see a sensible head with a good career history coupled with half or more of the EASA modules completed. It will set you head and shoulders above the usual crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by 400 Hertz View Post
    Although many like the spoon-fed approach of a full course for each module, the self-improver with a good attitude can usually 'bang off' quite a few of the basic modules.
    I'm one of quite a few ex RAF/REME that have done it this way. In fact all the modules where done this way. True I did have proper PART 147 issued notes, paid for by ECLAS credits but I did all the examinations at another 147 centre. You could see what was really taugh by the other centres teachers!

Quote Originally Posted by 400 Hertz View Post
    The advantage of self-improving whilst working is that your OJT increases all the time, and you also get paid, but you know this already. Most companies looking for employees would like to see a sensible head with a good career history coupled with half or more of the EASA modules completed. It will set you head and shoulders above the usual crowd.
    I was turned down for a bloke who had no modules at all, was also ex RAF with much more limited experience and time served. Sometimes the modules mean FA!

Thanks for your opinions guys, I started down the self study and CAA exam route as you suggested and got my latest results back today. I've now passed Modules 1,2,3 & 4; Modules 5 & 6 are booked for August.

That's good going for four month's graft.

Thread Information