Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Advice Please

Default Advice Please

I have been asked to put something on this web site. A very well known Maintanence company is putting lives at risk both in the workplace and Maintanence Carried out.
    A fitter was nearly killed 2 weeks ago when tail docking was being moved and someone just spotted something moving high up in the docking he was told to run and seconds later a great lump of something crashed to the ground where he was standing a few seconds earlier.
    What really upset him was nobody cared and the whole thing was cleared up and hushed up within 10 mins it took 5 blokes to lift the item.
    This follows the fact that last year a Fitter WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED due to the actions of his crew chief. He was Thrown from the Aircraft out of a door when the slide was actuated. The company and crew chief are under investigation by the health and Safety. I have been told that this individual constantly cuts corners, interfears with what is going, Bullies the Lae,s into signing things off (Which i understand they do not) Stops jobs being done propery if they take too long.
    The guys have had enough and are leaving in droves before someone else is injured or killed.
    This individual is a danger to Air Safety and the company know it!
    Does anybody have any idear,s how this individual can be stopped.
    I understand he is not British.
    Also all other maintanence carried out by other crew chief,s ARE done as per the book, it is only one bad apple in the barrel .

THE GUYS ARE CRYING OUT FOR HELP

Default Re: Advice Please

CHIRP - This is exactly what it's for.
    Err, what does this button do?

Got my Avatar back at last.

@unwantedB1
    Have your LAE friends ever heard of ALAE?

Nobody can exist as an island. It is not enough to pass exams, obtain licences, go to work and finish up at the pub. Folks should team up. Join Airmech. Join ALAE.
    I love this job

Report it to the CAA, there is a whistleblower law that protects people these days.

Quote Originally Posted by unwantedB1 View Post
    I have been asked to put something on this web site. A very well known Maintanence company is putting lives at risk both in the workplace and Maintanence Carried out.
    A fitter was nearly killed 2 weeks ago when tail docking was being moved and someone just spotted something moving high up in the docking he was told to run and seconds later a great lump of something crashed to the ground where he was standing a few seconds earlier.
    What really upset him was nobody cared and the whole thing was cleared up and hushed up within 10 mins it took 5 blokes to lift the item.
    Q: What was this nameless something? Was the crew chief responsible for making the Tail Docks safe for placement?

This follows the fact that last year a Fitter WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED due to the actions of his crew chief. He was Thrown from the Aircraft out of a door when the slide was actuated. The company and crew chief are under investigation by the health and Safety. I have been told that this individual constantly cuts corners, interfears with what is going, Bullies the Lae,s into signing things off (Which i understand they do not) Stops jobs being done propery if they take too long.
    The guys have had enough and are leaving in droves before someone else is injured or killed.
    This individual is a danger to Air Safety and the company know it!
    Does anybody have any idear,s how this individual can be stopped.
    I understand he is not British.
    Also all other maintanence carried out by other crew chief,s ARE done as per the book, it is only one bad apple in the barrel

THE GUYS ARE CRYING OUT FOR HELP
    That final paragraph has a kinda ring-tone which, one hopes, is not leading the charge against the crew chief.

On-going current news about G4S and Olympic security arrangements may debunk the belief that "British = done as per the book"
    I love this job

As an outsider and having to accept your contribution as hearsay and trying not to read too much into the statement----What the FxxK are you doing wasting time waiting for help from Airmech REPORT your findings now to the CAA
    The Higher the Fewer

I'd say if it's that bad then you are legally required to raise an MOR......

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Absolutely Obi
    The Higher the Fewer

Thanks all for your advice i will pass onto my Friend i know the name of the place i have never worked there nor wish to do so after what i have been told.

snakes and ladders ?
    Eat more pies....M0NCL

Thread Information