Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finishing Module 12

Default Re: Finishing Module 12

Cheers for the PM. I'm trying to get away from contracting although I'd be more than happy to do the time to get my OJT under my belt.

what browser are you using mate?
    I generally use Opera 12.15 or occasionally Chrome (not always compatabile with sites) for more serious sites (financial) I always use IE 10 64-bit. On the Mac I don't have any preference so normally just Safari.

I noticed you tried Emailing Bond and it got lost, this is the main reason why it is best to try and stick with their online recruiter systems (you will be in the system somewhere).

I'm guessing your lack of B1.3 is a problem as most operators don't want 'users' piggy-backing onto their (thin) Line manpower for OJT, then offski to pastures nearer home. Especially if you have weasled a type course out of them into the bargain.

Thanks 400
    I'm on Firefox but I've got Chrome so I'll give it a shot.
    I was applying to Bond through bondaviationgroup.com/careers, and they do say send CV etc to address blah blah, or email to blah. It's the email link that didn't work. They're first choice seems to be snail mail. I'll give it a shot.
    I can see their point with people bolting after a type course or OJT. Thing is not everyone can be in pastures greener, so some people have got to stay with the people who employed them first. I'll do that but I suppose they'll need convincing that I'm happy to move anywhere.

TW

I suppose they'll need convincing that I'm happy to move anywhere.
    Recruitment selectors are not there because they look nice and smile a lot, they are there to protect their company from potential idiots, freeloaders and mickey-takers.

For that reason, they can usually spot false answers from their (seemingly irrelevant) questions, so you'll need to convince yourself that you really want to work there long before you get to the interview stage. You might even get a telephone interview as a first step.

I CAN move anywhere, hence the 'I'll do that' bit in the second sentence. My point was, I need to convince THEM that I'm not one of the 'potential idiots,freeloaders and mickey-takers'.
    I've been out of the interview game for a while now but it used to be a two way thing: they see if they like you and you see if the package is right and the headgear of choice is not a 10 gallon hat. You can only be sure up to a point that you really want to work there before the interview, but if they say we expect you to walk around naked and work for free for the first 3 years, then most of us are hardly likely to take the job.
    Thanks for the phone interview tip though, useful to know.

Chrome worked a treat by the way, ta for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeweasel View Post
    but if they say we expect you to walk around naked and work for free for the first 3 years,
    Sorry, Billy took that job.......

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Thread Information