Thread: Ryanair Fancies 200-Seater 737-MAX

Wink Ryanair Fancies 200-Seater 737-MAX

ATW Online: Wednesday September 25, 2013
    Ryanair challenges Boeing to add seats to 737 MAX
    Irish low-cost carrier Ryanair has challenged Boeing to find space for an extra 11 seats on its forthcoming 737 MAX, as it seeks to wring maximum productivity from the next-generation single-aisle aircraft.

The 737 MAX is designed to have 189 seats, but Ryanair has for some time sought a capacity “sweet spot” of 200 seats, which would allow it to continue to staff an aircraft with four cabin crew.

Speaking in London, Ryanair deputy CEO Howard Millar said Boeing would be exploring various options to find the extra space.

Removing toilets - a long-mooted Ryanair solution to finding more space for seats - is one such option, although he was conscious of passenger comfort and did not want to have lengthy queues for a single toilet at the front of the aircraft.

He also ruled out reducing seat pitch below the current 30-in. level, saying this would have a seriously detrimental effect on habitability.

Ryanair has 175 737-800s on order. Delivery timescales mean that none of these would be converted to MAX models, Millar said.

He made his comments as Ryanair launched a new initiative to attract more business travelers, who already make up some 20% of passengers.

By: Alan Dron
    Somebody better tell Boeing not to be lulled into mission creep. A 200-seater 737, eh!!. Reminds me when the DC-8 people stretched and stretched that machine until it could carry 250 pax, and became a close rival affecting the sale of DC-10s
    I love this job

Default Re: Ryanair Fancies 200-Seater 737-MAX

Won't affect me as I won't fly Ryanair.
    Giz a job!

Quote Originally Posted by jetfueldrinker View Post
    Won't affect me as I won't fly Ryanair.
    +1

There are a lot of much worse airlines around, further east and they still seem to get pax to use them.
    The Higher the Fewer

And that's where the problem is what would he do if there was a mass boycott from the public at large things could only get better

Quote Originally Posted by unwantedB1 View Post
    And that's where the problem is what would he do if there was a mass boycott from the public at large things could only get better
    Why would there be a mass boycott? His punters appear ready or even welcome whatever inconvenience. The standing-room-only cabin is what I'm waiting to see implemented..
    I love this job

He's a tit. His flights are like the Jeremy Kyle show, in an aeroplane.

Id rather shit in my hands and clap than ever set foot on one of his AC again.
    System tested no fault found Doo dah, doo dah.

Helicopters are a collection of parts flying in relatively close formation while all rotating around different axis. This arrangement works work well until one of the parts breaks formation.

Pass on that alternative I'd prefer to fly R Air Some places around the world and having to move from one location to another for the company. There were times when walking out to an aircraft which should have been in a museum the sh1t clap may have been a difficult decision!
    The Higher the Fewer

Thread Information