Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agency undercutting again !

Thumbs down Agency undercutting again !

I see another agency (who shall remain unamed for now) are at the age old trick of ripping the guys on the tools off again !

There's a well known contract in Germany, employing about 100 connies, however, the agencies contract comes up for renewal every 6 months.
    The agency with the contract at the moment is paying the guys a good hourly rate, plus a decent accomodation allowance.

Along comes another agency that fancies a slice of the pie, so they start calling around frantically offering the job to all and sundry in order to get numbers together, HOWEVER, they reduce the overall wages to the guys by nearly 30%

Will it ever end ?
    B1 B2's, remember . . . . .
    If you don't fix it first time with your hammer . . . . .
    Call a proper avionics guy

Default Re: Agency undercutting again !

Just took a quick look around the forum, there's other topics on here about them too.

This is not be the first time by far that they've done it

They also have a record of not paying guys (substantial amounts), and putting rediculous terms in the contracts about not paying the guys until THEY get paid by the customer

Go on, Barney...giv' us a name to avoid..
    I love this job

Bit of a pointless thread without a name??

I didn't put a name to it, as lots of people are getting the phone calls, I've had two myself, so most will know who they are if they do a little digging.
    But what the hell....... they Virtually make money by ripping off the Human Resources !
    Last edited by Black Box Barney; September 29th, 2015 at 23:42.

Yeh what they are doing is very bad for the industry and for people trying to make a living

Quote Originally Posted by Theo88 View Post
    Yeh what they are doing is very bad for the industry and for people trying to make a living
    They too may argue that toss..but of course it is blinkered. Let's hope they don't succeed in muscling out the original agency. The MRO must appreciate that a happy workforce will deliver a better product.
    Eez kut, yez..

Quote Originally Posted by Black Box Barney View Post
    I see another agency (who shall remain unamed for now) are at the age old trick of ripping the guys on the tools off again !

There's a well known contract in Germany, employing about 100 connies, however, the agencies contract comes up for renewal every 6 months.
    The agency with the contract at the moment is paying the guys a good hourly rate, plus a decent accomodation allowance.

Along comes another agency that fancies a slice of the pie, so they start calling around frantically offering the job to all and sundry in order to get numbers together, HOWEVER, they reduce the overall wages to the guys by nearly 30%

Will it ever end ?
    how do they 'get the numbers together' by offering people less money than they're on....?

if somebody called me up offering me a 30% pay cut I'd tell them where to go, if enough people did the same they wouldn't get the numbers. It's all well and good an agency offering to supply connies for 30% less than the client is already paying but it's another thing finding connies who'll actually work for that rate....
    Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy No Mates View Post

how do they 'get the numbers together' by offering people less money than they're on....?

if somebody called me up offering me a 30% pay cut I'd tell them where to go, if enough people did the same they wouldn't get the numbers. It's all well and good an agency offering to supply connies for 30% less than the client is already paying but it's another thing finding connies who'll actually work for that rate....
    Which may not be difficult, with all kinds of EASA Part 66 Licences being available (different playing fields) and free EU-wide labour sans frontier.
    Eez kut, yez..

But why then ring the existing connies if they already have a load of others lined up....?
    What client would want a complete change of workforce overnight...?
    Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians....

Thread Information