Thread: Brexit means Brexit

Default Re: Brexit means Brexit

I have posted data which is fact, you have not refuted it. Lavished high praise I think you over egg what I have suggested and you have strayed back into absolutism.

I have been involved in a process where a works council has paused a policy introduction this week. That is impossible in the UK. Workers on a supervisory board will have a vote, will be involved in a debate, therefore have a voice.

Can you cite your sources please?

So 1972 was a good year? I remember the 3 day week, power cuts and the fear of nuclear war, great times. Caused by one political party,
    Some would argue caused by labour backed trade unions behaving very badly like opposing modernisation to increase productivity. Some would even say a communist backed labour party and trade unions. The situation was only caused by the tories in as much as they didn't shy away from a fight that had to be fought. The cause however was as usual, incompetent labour government in the 60's. This was confirmed by the apalling labour government which led to Thatcher getting into power. But we are wandering off.

Your data is by no means any factual statement of a need to join a club.

If growth rates in Western Europe were 3.5% in the 1950s and 4.5% in the 1960s, British growth rates were in any case not very far behind and often ahead. In 1959, when Macmillan took office, the real annual growth rate of British GDP, according to the Office of National Statistics, was almost 6%. It was again almost 6% when de Gaulle vetoed Britain’s first application to join the EEC in 1963. In 1973, when we entered, our annual national growth rate in real terms was a record 7.4%. The present Chancellor would die for such a figure. So the economic basket case argument doesn’t work.
    Source: Professor of Economics, LSE

I supplied two sets of data, look at both together and I would expect the present Chancellor to not have the other statistic. Which professor?

http://www.betteroffout.net/the-case...out-withdrawl/

A lot of what is said here aligns with my quoted professor as well. Can't find an obvious link between the two.

Have a look at the following -

https://www.investopedia.com/article...pinflation.asp

What was the professors name

Now a bit of conformation bias, but I am sure your ideas will be reinforced by the Economists for Brexit position.

Just a quick one on absolutism. Lord Adonis well, well, well. Never elected to any government position, as Tony Blair's head of policy, Adonis was regarded as the architect of Tuition fees in the United Kingdom, a government source said he quit before he was pushed. Lots of similarities with labour and the eu. UNELECTED politicians, where have I heard that one before, oh yes Brussels.

An excellent resignation letter and who knows if he was going to be pushed the only fact is that he wasn't. Yep a never elected but chosen by both major parties but with a liberal background, so he obviously knows how to "do stuff" in the political arena. A staunch remainer and very critical of current government policy. I get your comparison to Brussels, but what is the absolutism reference about?

His view presented as fact. There are no other alternatives.
    He doesn't know any of the following will happen or its his own opinion:

If Brexit happens, taking us back into Europe will become the mission of our children's generation, who will marvel at your acts of destruction'
    The European Union Withdrawal Bill is the worst legislation of my lifetime.
    A responsible government would be leading the British people to stay in Europe
    very eye opening as he is advocating ignoring the result of a referendum, ignore the people who elected you although in his case he was never elected.

Britain must be deeply engaged, responsible and consistent as a European power. When in times past we have isolated ourselves from the Continent in the name of 'empire' or 'sovereignty,' we were soon sucked back in.
    Very strange quote as the uk actually was only sucked back in to restore freedom and democracy to a continent that was rife with evil. Britain did the right thing at a huge personal cost. It also gave such fools the freedom to make stupid comments

You occupy one of the most powerful offices in the history of the world
    Now Britain is big and successful again after trying to score some brexit points by resigning. Fool get out of here you undeserving life peer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley Green View Post
    His view presented as fact.
    He has stated his view, which is not a fact, just a view you do not agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley Green View Post
    Now Britain is big and successful again.
    This is your view, not a fact

An excellent resignation letter said litebulbs. I look forward to how this is going to pan out.
    Really litebulbs. A resignation letter full of drivel and you support it because according to Adonis everything about Brexit is bad. Forget the factual or lack of facts content. This is pure labour political theatre and doomed to fail.

Although Adonis was once Liberal. Umm some non political commentators already calling Adonis...supercilious

And now good ol Nigel Farage

John Stapleton spoke to Nigel and put Mr Adonis' comments to him. This was Nigel's riposte.

"I'll tell you about nationalism Lord Adonis. It's an organisation that has a flag, an anthem, a police force, it wants an Army, a Navy and an Air Force in place by 2025. And worst of all, it's expansionist. It wants to bring in more countries to the East. It's already helped provoke a war with Russia. If you want to talk about nationalism, please come with me to Brussels and see them when they stand ramrod to attention to the European anthem. That's nationalism."
    Last edited by Tinsley Green; December 30th, 2017 at 11:55.

Thread Information