Thread: Brexit means Brexit

Default Re: Brexit means Brexit

Brexit frees UK from German occupation
    Mr van Randwyck said Brexit will help "liberate" the rest of Europe from "EU-German occupation." Speaking exclusively to Express.co.uk, the pro-Brexit activist said: "In the past, Europe has been liberated through allied efforts. Britain’s role in the past 200 years has been to restore democracy and self-government to European countries and to ensure there’s a balance of power in Europe. "I see this as the liberation of Europe from the EU-German occupation."
    This is an interesting story in as much, the claim is the EU is basically under German control and we end up doing what Germany wants but peacefully this time. A few posts back when Litebulbs asked for some facts that some countries are selling smaller eggs he got it. And the official EU document stated that Germany was one of the worst for not implementing eu rules. Now why would Germany take such a stance. I don't know, but if my goal was to run the eu my way and some other silly countries started to get in the way by making some rules I didn't like..............I would ignore them. Just a thought.

So I have to forget fact statement that you made?

Of course some commentators are going to say some things, that is what commentators do. Economics & politics are a social discourse based of opinion and Adonis is predicting the future. I am sure you feel about Adonis the same way I feel about Farage, that is why we have different opinions on what is good for the UK the EU and rest of the planet.

I don't support farage, I just enjoy the fact he always has something colourful to say and usually what he says highlights the hypocrisy of others saying it. Fits 100% with Adonis nonsense. Nothing more nothing less.
    I would actually support Adonis on his comments about the rail franchise's but he has disqualified himself from being taking seriously by making such a foolish rant because mummy , they don't agree with me.

I'm impressed good points from both Tinsley and litebulbs. Seems well documented both guys could get research jobs I'm sure. My concerns are simple when reading day after day its all about Brexit, which dominates politics. A lot of ducking and diving by those more interested in keeping their MP status and not perusing what is best for my country. More then a concern is my worry we will end up with country run by the loony left. Due to the vast majority having been lead by ignorance and not understanding the real important issues .
    The Higher the Fewer

It is the single most important political topic at the moment Jarwot and will be for the short to medium term in the UK and Europe. It is structural change and the outcomes can only be predicted.

As to Adonis, he wants to stay in the EU and does not want to be part of a system of little or no ties Tinsley. In this social versus selfish paradigm that the UK political landscape is, rhetoric and hyperbole are what sells newspapers and almost always muddies the centre ground.

There is no mud. Adonis was very clear. Ignore the electorate, I know best. I am resigning to go back to my labour friends (who also wish to ignore the electorate) and fight to overturn brexit. I don't see it as social versus selfish. I do often see it as extremes though.
    Last edited by Tinsley Green; December 30th, 2017 at 18:26.

Always lean towards a more social all inclusive government. But guess that will never happen as spoilt by the very people we should trust-- politicians. Extreme in any direction left or right give cause to worry. Brexit subject is dominant now, but before the referendum as much if not more the EU must have had the same importance but not much was ever in the limelight. Unless blaming all our woes on silly EU supposed rules made up by the gutter press we heard very little.
    The Higher the Fewer

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley Green View Post
    Ignore the electorate
    Every time there is an election, a percentage of the electorate is ignored; that's democracy, so the rhetoric becomes self critical. I voted Tory in my first election, because I did not come from a deprived area, 3rd generation engineer and thought that its my money (whilst living at home), sod everyone else. Then I changed my mind as I learned more. Nowt will turn me back to being selfish (and I am using this term as the goddess of the Noe-Liberal's Ayn Rand created "the virtue of selfishness"), as we are (and I am gonna love saying this) one global community.

I will never convince you, you will never convince me, but I suppose we know that. The position you support won, my position lost. Telling someone what is right and wrong will eventually fail, letting people work it out for themselves will always (after an length of time) win; flat earth and god.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jarwot View Post
    Always lean towards a more social all inclusive government.
    Me too, though probably more of a tilt than lean. Mr. Cameron changed everything.

You didn't interpret correctly what I meant. We have a political situation in the UK at the moment which is at the extremes. It is not about social or selfish, that is a closely related but different argument. In uk politics at the moment there is no centre position. Most people are actually in the centre.

Every time there is an election, a percentage of the electorate is ignored;
    litebulbs really what a pathetic response. There is a big difference between voting for a set of policies which get ignored because you lose the vote and winning a vote but the policies you voted for get ignored (as you well know).

Telling someone what is right and wrong will eventually fail, letting people work it out for themselves will always (after an length of time) win; flat earth and god.....
    exactly but you choose to tell what is right and wrong when it suits (as most people do). You don't know that brexit will be a disaster but you have chosen to support remain here as the better option. I have a different view and disagree with you. I think brexit will be great for the uk. Doesn't mean I am telling anyone anything, just disagreeing with your position. According to you that is democracy.

Left wing policies are unsustainable in the uk within the current financial infrastructure. Other euro countries are significantly more social but as I have already mentioned here pay far more for the privilege. Labour have consistently mislead the British public on the financing of a social state. It is time they were honest and owned up. Yes you can have your cake and eat it but you need to pay for it. At least the tories are honest here and say it can't be paid for.

Why not have a referendum on the subject?
    The Scandinavians run at around 50-60% average deductions from pay to finance their social programmes. They are happy to pay that. Is the UK ready to pay a higher rate for a better system?
    Last edited by Tinsley Green; December 31st, 2017 at 00:55.

Thread Information