Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Brexit means Brexit

Default Re: Brexit means Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Alber Ratman View Post
    And the death of the regionals in this country like Flybe and a few others. But those BA old skool LAEs don't care as they have their Brexit.
    No..oo..oo. Those other EU Regionals don't want to just be flying among themselves. They need the UK feed for their longhauls. So, the drop in passenger numbers will be felt right across the continent. If in doubt, let's try it and see who blinks first.
    I love this job

I don't think Corbyn is bothered one iota about being labelled anti-semitic,in fact he probably welcomes it.Votes are what he's after & I think there's a lot more Muslims in the UK that Jews.

I think you are right Wotme about Corbyn. Much the same as the London mayor, he has a huge voting base he can depend on who vote for their like, without considering any alternative candidate. So he has no need to bother about the needs of the now much smaller indigenes population.
    The Higher the Fewer

BBC News; Monday 10 December 2018
    Theresa May calls off MPs' vote on her Brexit deal

Prime Minister Theresa May has called off Tuesday's crucial vote on her Brexit deal so she can go back to Brussels and ask for changes to it.

As it stands the deal "would be rejected by a significant margin" if MPs voted on it, she admitted.

But she said she was confident of getting "reassurances" from the EU on the Northern Ireland border plan.

But European Council President Donald Tusk said the remaining 27 EU countries would not "renegotiate" the deal.

While EU leaders would be willing to "discuss how to facilitate UK ratification" of the withdrawal agreement at Thursday's summit in Brussels, he suggested the controversial Northern Irish backstop, which the DUP and many Tories want removed, would remain in place.

The prime minister's U-turn came after she and senior ministers had spent days insisting the vote would go ahead, despite the scale of opposition from MPs being obvious.
    Full Report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46509288

NS Comment: The backstop reminds me of the structure that arrests a runaway stabiliser, except that the EU backstop is tearing up the UK.
    I love this job

Quote Originally Posted by No Smoking View Post
    BBC News; Monday 10 December 2018
    Theresa May calls off MPs' vote on her Brexit deal

Full Report: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-46509288

NS Comment: The backstop reminds me of the structure that arrests a runaway stabiliser, except that the EU backstop is tearing up the UK.
    Brexit is like Alaskian Airlines lubrication policy on their MD80s. Have the hard Brexit and watch the ballscrew disintergrate. Reckon it will go that way.
    Alonso Hater

Not a fan of the PM but she has been handed the poison chalice. My guess at the time of the referendum many if not all thought it was a case of out or in. Not out with no safeguards for our country, which seems to be the sticking point-- Trying to ensure we are not left worse off when leaving. Any negotiations by the UK has to be seen as, yes we want out but can we still trade and maintain all the other commitments which help the UK. No one knows if a straight out with no safeguards in any area will leave the UK weaker or better off.
    The Higher the Fewer

The Corbyn gang waiting in the wings to vote against any agreement the PM got hasn't been helpful. Labour are just in a hurry to ride on any distress that hits Mrs May.

Within the Tories, the ERG [European Research Group] are spoiling for a leadership challenge. What makes them think that the EU-27 are waiting for any new Tory leader/PM of the UK to propose new changes to the agreement Mrs May achieved? If he/she can't do that, will he/she go for a a no-deal crash-out, or revoke/withdraw the Article 50?

As for the DUP from Northern Ireland, there's a group unable to reach a working agreement to keep Stormont functioning, yet parading themselves as props for the central UK government.
    I love this job

Absolutely right NS
    The Higher the Fewer

So, what to the vote?

May survived. Maybe not a good way to mark her history having to deal with the EU leaving. Very surprised if her legacy will read well in the future. Just possibly pass that history to another may have worked out a lot better!
    The Higher the Fewer

Thread Information