Thread: Brexit means Brexit

Default Re: Brexit means Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by litebulbs View Post
    It would be a pretty quiet thread and website without opinions, no?
    Mate, the man belittling me is a no body. He shouted his mouth off before the referendum on here then disappeared. More Corruption in Westminster that accross the Channel. Always has been and always will be. Reason I voted to stay in TBQH. Roll on Brexit, watch our manufacturing die. Watch our service sector die. Because Daily Mail readers believe the weather forecast said by journos under a nazi leaningeditor and owners that wish the Government jump to them and not to the population. Tinsley have you ever made anything that has been sold on for a profit? Have you been involved designing and selling anything? Not maintaining aeroplanes as that is a service. It does not add value to a product. This countrywas made by making things, not fixing aeroplanes. Tinsley small picture.
    Alonso Hater

oh ye of small number of grey cells.
    Have you never wondered why GB had the greatest empire the world has ever known?
    Have you never wondered why the industrial revolution took place here and nowhere else?
    Have you never wondered why such a small island has had such a creative influence on modern music?
    Have you never wondered why pre EASA there were FAA standards and CAA standards. Aircraft were built to those standards?
    Have you never wondered why GB has one of the greatest historys on this planet where the good deeds (judged to the standards of the era) absolutely outweigh the bad?
    Have you never wondered why countries such as India still have massive respect for the order GB brought to chaos?
    Have you never wondered why GB at critical times in history made the correct decision far more often than not and far more often than our European cousins?
    Have you ever heard of Gruinard Island?
    Have you never wondered why many of todays greatest sports were developed and introduced by GB?

When you actually understand why these things happened, you may, just may, stop prostituting yourself to the highest bidder and start looking at a much bigger picture. We don't need to remain part of a club that serves German interests over everything else.
    We can do quite well on our own thank you very much.

Hear, hear, Tinsley..
    I love this job

Quote Originally Posted by Defense La Fumer View Post
    Hahaha. I love you, too, Alber.
    As a Remainer, I have no hatred for the EU. The Free Movement clause enabled me to practise my trade across Europe, without applying and waiting to get a Work Permit.

However, that same Free Movement clause turned out to be a major cause of aggro in the UK as communities became swarmed by non-Brits. Non-EU arrivals face stringent controls while EU arrivals just stroll in with expectations for housing, unemployment and medical benefits. 52% of our voters turned up to vote for getting out of EU and taking back control of our borders. That is the reality we have to live with
    Er, EU law states something quite different. the UK can throw out of the country anyone it chooses if there is an adequate reason. such as being unemployed for three months. They choose not to.

Apologies again for the facts.

Did anyone notice how slanted the news was tonight..... brexit causes economic slow down, we're all doomed! Hang on Europe, especially germany, has already been heading for a downturn. Just goes to show, any chance to talk our country down. Bye the way TG, hear hear again.

By the way I have worked in Europe and Australia..... but I like Britian and I am British.... not European and never wanted to be....... cue more tirades.

the French president, Charles de Gaulle, vetoed all four applications in 1963, arguing that Britain didn’t agree with the core ideas of integration.
    Thats a fact and thats why we are leaving................ITS TRUE

De Gaulle also stated in his 1963 speech:

Yet it is possible that one day England might manage to transform herself sufficiently to becomepart of the European community,
    Referring back to some of the examples I gave in an earlier post WHY WOULD I WANT TO CHANGE?

De Gaulle goes on:

What England has done across the centuries and in the world is recognised as immense. Althoughthere have often been conflicts with France, Britain’s glorious participation in the victory whichcrowned the first world war — we French, we shall always admire it. As for the role Englandplayed in the most dramatic and decisive moments of the second world war, no one has the right toforget it.In truth, the destiny of the free world, and first of all ours and even that of the United States andRussia, depended in a large measure on the resolution, the solidity and the courage of the Englishpeople, as Churchill was able to harness them. Even at the present moment no one can contestBritish capacity and worth.
    Quite fankly what are you remainers arguing for?
    Grow some and respect your history. Its great, its fantastic and you have the privilege of having been born in the greatest country on earth.

If you like the continent so much leave the UK now whilst you still can.

@magchip.......I did
    Last edited by Tinsley Green; February 11th, 2019 at 21:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley Green View Post
    oh ye of small number of grey cells.
    Have you never wondered why GB had the greatest empire the world has ever known?
    Because we had a Navy. Dutch and others had empires as well.

Have you never wondered why the industrial revolution took place here and nowhere else?
    Because our working classes were exploited big time. Dark Satanic Mills of "Jerusalem"? Thats where the lines come from. Germans made better kit by the end of the 19th century and caught up.

Have you never wondered why such a small island has had such a creative influence on modern music?
    Because The USA speak English. It does help the biggest market in the world speaks the same language as us. Yes we have creative artists, but no more than any other country.

Have you never wondered why pre EASA there were FAA standards and CAA standards. Aircraft were built to those standards?
    Yes. Our commerical aircraft did so well in the commerical world. So now why have we no bl**dy airliner building capacity that is not foreign owned. Wings only mate. No complete airframes and no control over them. All the regulation in the world does not mean you build sucessful aircraft unless you have good management. Regulation comes from Governments of course.

Have you never wondered why GB has one of the greatest historys on this planet where the good deeds (judged to the standards of the era) absolutely outweigh the bad?
    Because people wrote it down. History is just that. Romes empire lasted way longer that ours, same with Greece. Good deeds depends on whom writes it. We have some sodding dark deeds. Whom created the concerntation camp idea and use first? Not Hilter, it was us. in the Boer War. Try the mess of partition in India post 1947. We just left it.

Have you never wondered why countries such as India still have massive respect for the order GB brought to chaos?
    Read my last reply. I have worked with Indians and some of them hate us for the mess we left behind.

Have you never wondered why GB at critical times in history made the correct decision far more often than not and far more often than our European cousins?
    Sometimes not. Our decisions were always made not in the interests of the people but the leaders of the country at the time. Remember universal votes are only 100 years ago.

Have you ever heard of Gruinard Island?
    You ever had an Anrathax Jab? I had in 1990. An island in the Scottish western isles that the British government posioned with Anthrax for biological warfare tests.

Have you never wondered why many of todays greatest sports were developed and introduced by GB?
    Because the rich and privilaged had the time to do so. Poor people played various forms of football.

When you actually understand why these things happened, you may, just may, stop prostituting yourself to the highest bidder and start looking at a much bigger picture. We don't need to remain part of a club that serves German interests over everything else.
    We can do quite well on our own thank you very much.
    You certainly have a narrow and biased view on British history. Can you name all our kings and Queens? Without looking at a book or the internet. I could get 95% of them in the right order and the houses from my memory. Your picture is sodding small by the way. Another two World Wars and a World Cup man. Yes we will leave the EU and for the wrong reasons. I guess you have made sod all in your life that has been sold and that is the issue with this country. My Grandfather had a tool making and press production business. Did well in the 50s and 60s, then the empire went and so did the markets. Business was hurt big time by Maggies self made recession in 1980. Wasn't picking up, but I worked there before I joined the RAF. I did see what happened to manufacturing industry. Services alone will never balance the books. You only make things sucessfully with the skill sets and actively marketing and good R and D. It doesn't happen in this country anymore as people vote for parties that will not invest in their people. Talk to people in the street. Already heared that one business making components for Airbus in the south of England is already going to move abroad regardless. Foreign Investment will dry up and our manufacturing will suffer a slow death. That is the politics of the the modern world, not your 19/20th Century Imperial thinking. You ideology is going to be the death of this country.
    Last edited by Alber Ratman; February 11th, 2019 at 22:39.
    Alonso Hater

Quote Originally Posted by magchip View Post
    Did anyone notice how slanted the news was tonight..... brexit causes economic slow down, we're all doomed! Hang on Europe, especially germany, has already been heading for a downturn. Just goes to show, any chance to talk our country down. Bye the way TG, hear hear again.

By the way I have worked in Europe and Australia..... but I like Britian and I am British.... not European and never wanted to be....... cue more tirades.
    I am British and like Britain. But most Brexiteers I talk to have their heads stuck somewhere. And I don't like them as people anyway. No offence meant, I don't know you, bar your typing. BTW my company has already lost contracts with other British companies due to Brexit. Thanks for nothing.
    Last edited by Alber Ratman; February 11th, 2019 at 22:36.
    Alonso Hater

Quote Originally Posted by No Smoking View Post
    Hear, hear, Tinsley..
    It was drivel.
    Alonso Hater

No offence taken....... why should I, we all have our opinions.

Thread Information