Thread: Footie Gists

Default Re: Footie Gists

The Scots two goals from late free kicks were sensational to watch. No doubt will go down in history of the England/Scottish clashes. The England late equaliser was a bit cruel!
    The Higher the Fewer

Sunday 11 June 2017
    FIFA Under-20 World Cup - Final
    :
    England 1-0 Venezuela

BBC News: England won their biggest international title since 1966 by beating Venezuela 1-0 in the Under-20 World Cup final.

It was England's first appearance in the final of a global tournament since their World Cup victory 51 years ago.

Everton forward Dominic Calvert-Lewin's first-half goal was enough for victory thanks to Newcastle goalkeeper Freddie Woodman's second-half penalty save.

Woodman denied Adalberto Penaranda from the spot after the Malaga forward was fouled by Kyle Walker-Peters.
    Well done guys..
    I love this job

Sunday 11 June 2017
    FIFA World Cup Qualifying - European Region - Group D
    :
    Moldova 2-2 Georgia
    Rep of Ireland 1-1 Austria <== Rep of Ireland remain 2nd behind Serbia in Group D on Goals Difference.
    Serbia 1-1 Wales <== Wales remain at 3rd in Group D
    I love this job

Tuesday, 13 June 2017
    International Friendlies

Australia 0 - 4 Brazil
    Cameroon 0 - 4 Colombia
    France 3 - 2 England
    Indonesia 0 - 0 Puerto Rico
    Norway 1 - 1 Sweden
    Romania 3 - 2 Chile
    Singapore 0 - 6 Argentina
    South Africa 1 - 2 Zambia
    I love this job

BBC News: Saturday 15 July 2017
    European Under-19 Championship: England beat Portugal in final

England won the European Under-19 Championship with a 2-1 victory over Portugal in the final in Georgia.

Aston Villa's Easah Suliman put the Young Lions ahead before Chelsea youngster Dujon Sterling volleyed into his own net six minutes later.

However, Manchester City striker Lukas Nmecha's goal gave England the victory.

Keith Downing's side played with 10 men for the final nine minutes after Fulham's Tayo Edun was sent off for a second yellow card.

It is the third title for England's youth teams in two months after England won the Under-20 World Cup and the Toulon Tournament in June.

England were also semi-finalists at the European Under-21 Championship in Poland last month, losing on penalties to Germany.

The Under-19s reached the final having topped their group before beating the Czech Republic and Germany in the knockout stages.
    Read more at: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40619862

Good to see the youth teams competing and winning. This will encourage them as they progress to hold their own at club level and into the senior England team.
    I love this job

The new football season has swung into full gear in various regions. With the amount of pre-season involvements, it virtually seems as if there really has been no break from last season to the new one.

Something that will be noticeable will be the changes in players at many clubs and managers in a few clubs. With the Transfer Window still open till the end of August, more arrivals and departures can still be expected before the teams settle down.

The Qatari owners/managers at PSG in France have raised the mark with the acquisition of Neymar for over 200 million. A tree never made a forest anywhere, so we will watch closely how things pan out with PSG both in France and in the European competitions.
    I love this job

Sunday 06 August 2017
    Community Shield

Arsenal 1-1 Chelsea <== Gunners won 4-1 on penalties. Chelsea had a man sent off for dangerous play.
    I love this job

Tuesday 08 August 2017
    UEFA Super Cup

Real Madrid 2-1 Man Utd <== Jose tried the mind games but that didn't help. Real Madrid were a class above.
    I love this job

Friday 11 August 2017
    Premier League

Arsenal 4-3 Leicester <== The opening match of the new Premier League season produced a cracking thriller. The Gunners were a goal behind until the last 10mins when super-subs Ramsey and Giroud joined play and delivered two goals to take all the points.
    I love this job

Saturday 12 August 2017
    Premier League

Brighton 0-2 Man City
    Chelsea 2-3 Burnley <== Defending champs Chelsea finished with 9 men as they were stunned by Burnley.
    Crystal Palace 0-3 Huddersfield <== EPL new-comers Huddersfield got off to a blistering start.
    Everton 1-0 Stoke
    Southampton 0-0 Swansea
    Watford 3-3 Liverpool
    West Brom 1-0 Bournemouth

Sunday 13 August 2017
    Premier League

Man Utd 4-0 West Ham <== The Reds are reaping the investment on Lukaku as he got two of the goals
    Newcastle 0-2 Tottenham <== Spurs punished EPL returnees Newcastle who finished with 10men
    I love this job

Thread Information