Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bumped

Default Bumped

Lots of media highlighting the pax being dragged off a United Airways aircraft. Brings back memories of staff travel. Even seated on the aircraft there were times when it was impossible to relax until the doors were closed. Being off loaded somewhere, half way on a trip and dumped in an airport late at night maybe the worse. Even flying on a duty ticket is not a guarantee you will complete the trip. Seeing others being taken off an aircraft was again a case of keeping your head! A hugely popular route out of Miami to the islands was always entertaining. The small regional airline operating out of Miami always got pax numbers wrong. A lot of other airline staff used the flights regularly, some times complete cabin crews from another big airline. But this United off load of a fare paying pax does it seem show things are getting worse!
    The Higher the Fewer

Default Re: Bumped

They could have chartered a VIP 747 to carry the crew they wanted to position in this guy's seat for a lot less than it's going to cost them to settle his personal injury claim, loss of revenue through publicity backlash and the drop in share price. On the bright side with all the negative publicity this incident generated they won't have to worry about over bookings for the foreseeable future....
    Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians....

United deserve everything coming to them over this disgraceful episode.

Imagine if all the Chinese folks boycotted all United flights...
    I love this job

Quote Originally Posted by Billy No Mates View Post
    They could have chartered a VIP 747 to carry the crew they wanted to position in this guy's seat for a lot less than it's going to cost them to settle his personal injury claim, loss of revenue through publicity backlash and the drop in share price. On the bright side with all the negative publicity this incident generated they won't have to worry about over bookings for the foreseeable future....
    Yeph, funny that. I have had the joys of a private beech King Air before to get me out to an aircraft than needed a 2 day check before it could fly again. Sure a few within United have seen their United career dissipation light come on after this.
    Alonso Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Alber Ratman View Post
    Yeph, funny that. ........ Sure a few within United have seen their United career dissipation light come on after this.
    If there is any justice, the CEO gotta be first in line on account of his initial daft remarks.
    I love this job

Love the United term "re-accommodate" has a better ring then thrown off
    The Higher the Fewer

That guy they pulled off the United flight didn't even have a beard or even any Arabic headgear. Shocking.

I wonder how they knew he was a troublemaker?

Me and Mrs Hz were once bumped off a flight we had staff tickets for at GLA, not due to overbooking but the Captain told the loader he was low on fuel and needed less pax. I told the loader that if it was that close, we'd rather take a bus.

I was transiting through BRU recently on a Brussels Airlines flight at about 10:00 am and as I sat at the gate I could hear them announce at the adjoining gate that they were offering €300 cash for volunteers to bump themselves to a later flight at 14:00.
    If it was my flight I'd have jumped at it...

4 hours and €300 of beer money.... it's a no brainer.
    Eat more pies....M0NCL

My thoughts exactly, that's more than I'd earn for the four hours earlier I'd get there, or €75 an hour for sitting on my hole at an airport doing fcuk all like Obi does every day...

Thread Information