Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pension robbery

Default Pension robbery

Well it looks like the company wants to bilk us of our pensions. If ever there will be a time to stand up and be counted this will be it. With BA doing so well there is no excuse for this, it's just sheer greed.
    If you are content to have a miserable penurious retirement that's what you will get if you don't sit up and take an interest now.
    Er,I never touched it - it came off in me hand

Default Re: Pension robbery

That has been widely circulated and hopefully people have read and understood it. What it says is that pension already accrued should be safe. It says nothing about the future. If further accrual is stopped you would be moved on to BARP or something worse which is a large pay cut as pension is deferred pay. If you have many years to go your final pension will be greatly reduced as the contribution from the money purchase replacement will be far less than NAPS would have earned.

Quote Originally Posted by Botch Casually View Post
    That has been widely circulated and hopefully people have read and understood it. What it says is that pension already accrued should be safe. It says nothing about the future. If further accrual is stopped you would be moved on to BARP or something worse which is a large pay cut as pension is deferred pay. If you have many years to go your final pension will be greatly reduced as the contribution from the money purchase replacement will be far less than NAPS would have earned.
    It's the way of the world and they've even improved the prospect of retireing early since July. Best thing I did was leave. Won't catch me moaning lol
    Last edited by hardgraft; August 4th, 2017 at 19:28. Reason: Spelling

I agree with you Botch 100%, BA knows how to work its employees and has a good PR department to do just that hence the release of "The New", but all said and done it will be a pay cut for BARP members and a "Collosal" pay cut for NAPs members, the fact the current board seems hell bent on taking the company to oblivion should not be at our expense,they can afford it and should honour the commitments.

Hardgraft > lucky you if you can "retire early" but hardly right to say its the way of the world like it makes it right, most of us have children and its more than important they have some kind of future bleak as it may be, i am not that selfish myself.

BA knows you are a spineless bunch. It has become the way of the world because you prefer to hide behind something rather than stand up and be counted. Too many out there are obsessed with personal gain and this is where its leading. Look back through history and you will find most gains were made when the collective stood up and fought back. It is true, there is no gain without some pain. You always lose choosing the painless (spineless) option.

Sad but true Tinsley. If the youngsters want a future they will have to perform and fight for it. If the company is allowed to get away with this you will have a very bleak future indeed and they will come back for something else.
    I am old enough to retire early but I would feel obliged to support my younger colleagues on this one.

Also given that BA does not pay the going rate for LAEs and is consequently short of them it's risking an exodos of those it does have. Virgin and Ethiad are recruiting and with BA pulling this cr#p look a much better bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Botch Casually View Post
    Also given that BA does not pay the going rate for LAEs and is consequently short of them it's risking an exodos of those it does have. Virgin and Ethiad are recruiting and with BA pulling this cr#p look a much better bet.
    Who would want to work for a middle eastern airline with such a bad working culture? Make a mistake and you can kiss you job goodbye....but then again they will pay you loads of money to treat you like crap!

If they touch our pensions then I have to admit my flexible working attitude will change!

If you want things to change in this airline then the "BA Culture" must change.....and get rid of SAP.

It may be that closing NAPS will enable BA to pay the going rate to new recruits. At the moment there is a huge disparity in remuneration between those already in NAPS and anyone who joined post NAPS. The only way BA could close NAPS to further accrual is to 'buy' out the current members. Perhaps offering a new pay scale across the board will do it. There was a lot of speculation some time ago on these pages about a new set of pay scales and job titles. Has that died?

Thread Information