Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATR 42 question

Default Re: ATR 42 question

...in the more underdeveloped regions...
    Just say Scotland when you mean it. They can be a touchy lot up here.

Quote Originally Posted by milehigh View Post
    I did not state that rules were different ; I just stated that I am not in europe and where I am located they have not things updated etc like manuals

I agree the final decision will be made by the LAE and as stated once all documents are here and confirmed that the unit is interchangeable

The operator as stated is located in a region where they have not bothered to update the books.
    How can they not have 'bothered to update the books' the manuals are all online and ATR update them once or twice a year, you either have access to the manuals or you don't. If you don't have access to the proper manuals you have no business going anywhere near those A/C...
    Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians....

Quote Originally Posted by Billy No Mates View Post
    How can they not have 'bothered to update the books' the manuals are all online and ATR update them once or twice a year, you either have access to the manuals or you don't. If you don't have access to the proper manuals you have no business going anywhere near those A/C...
    There are many nations for whom €€€s and $$$s are Forex and very hard to come by. They tend to ignore anything that will not physically stop a plane from taking their folks from one remote point to the other.
    I love this job

Quote Originally Posted by No Smoking View Post
    In as much as international aviation is moderated by ICAO, the Rules aren't that different worldwide. What is different generally is the cultural acceptance and attitude towards compliance with and implementation of the Rules.

Even in Europe where a higher level of compliance is expected, it hasn't been unheard of that some bean-counters have a poor approach to compliance with airworthiness requirements. At least, over here, conscientious LAEs and pilots can use resources such as CHIRP and ALAE to expose and challenge such executives.

Foreign operators who get away with cutting corners under their own NAAs get their come-uppance when their aircraft are boarded by CAA inspectors during transit stops at UK airports. Some results from such inspections have included an immediate grounding because of unacceptable defects and even a ban of the operator from further flights into the UK. EASA has been known to impose an EU-wide ban on many foreign operators, too.
    Agree mate, the bean counter or the purchasing department manager, whom is not licenced can be the worse enemy. Only back up is to use the IPC.. It it is not in there, I am not fitting it or if the SB is not Incorporated on it to the records of the airframe, it is not passing my hands..
    Alonso Hater

My worse experience turning around a foreign aircraft, a while back now but said aircraft was leaking fuel through fasteners on the top of the wing in line with engines. The aircraft had been refuelled on a night stop, morning hot temperatures were enough to cause the problem. The flight crew were happy to accept the aircraft but I was not going to sign the release. Lots of hand wringing resulting in the captain contacting his base quality guy, who was willing to give me a one off approval to sign the release. And added in future this particular aircraft was not to be fuelled at night so the problem would be avoided! At that point I left them to it. I was on duty the next day and surprised the aircraft had departed. I believe the captain was given approval to release the aircraft by his engineering quality manager. I questioned my management trying to find out if the aircraft had dead legged back to base, but it seems the aircraft had departed with passengers. Having limited approvals from the operator I also had access to that countries airworthiness department. So followed up with a telex pointing out the occurrence. All very quiet and the operator still came through but the subject aircraft was not seen again for months.
    The Higher the Fewer

Thread Information