Thread: IAA vs CAA

Default IAA vs CAA

On a bit of a tangent to another post I've started....

After searching this forum Iíve seen various historic comments of the benefits of the CAA issued license over one from the IAA. Most of these posts are dated 3-5 years ago. So does this feeling still stand?

Thanks

Default Re: IAA vs CAA

Most of these posts are dated 3-5 years ago. So does this feeling still stand?
    Good question. Who knows what Brexit may turn out? Will UK-CAA be able to keep her esteemed position at the EASA table?
    I love this job

Quote Originally Posted by No Smoking View Post
    Good question. Who knows what Brexit may turn out? Will UK-CAA be able to keep her esteemed position at the EASA table?
    Yeph, will BCAR section L be the order of the day? I think the British passport may be a restriction working in the EU, not the EASA ticket mind.
    Alonso Hater

I could keep my BCAR section L with my new black British passport. Might even dig out my Levi flares, oh wonderful.

I work in the UK and have an IAA License. Recently i was asked if i wanted to apply for a mainland europe position, noting i have IAA license and not UK. Until the politicians get their act together and thrash out an agreement, this may become more commonplace....who knows? Ref the open letter from the European commission Brussels, 13 April 2018
    NOTICE TO STAKEHOLDERS WITHDRAWAL OF THE UNITED KINGDOM AND EU AVIATION SAFETY RULES.
    Part 2 is interesting.
    2. CERTIFICATES ISSUED BY THE COMPETENT AUTHORITIES OF THE UNITED KINGDOM
    Certificates issued before the withdrawal date by the competent authorities of the United Kingdom on the basis of the provisions of the Basic Regulation and its implementing rules will no longer be valid as of the withdrawal date in the EU. This concerns in particular:
     Certificates of airworthiness, restricted certificates of airworthiness, permits to fly, approvals of organisations responsible for the maintenance of products, parts and appliances, approvals for organisations responsible for the manufacture of products, parts and appliances, approvals for maintenance training organisations, and certificates for personnel responsible for the release of a product, part or appliance after maintenance, issued pursuant to Article 5 of the Basic Regulation;

Of course this may all change once a negotiated settlement is agreed. Until then, as expected, the EU rules will no longer apply...…………
    That went as well as can be expected.........

I work in the UK and have an IAA License. Recently i was asked if i wanted to apply for a mainland europe position, noting i have IAA license and not UK. Until the politicians get their act together and thrash out an agreement, this may become more commonplace....who knows?
    Sounds intriguing. Upon first reading, it came across like you have an advantage with an IAA ticket to get a mainland Europe position. Then the reverse of that hit me: your IAA ticket may not continue to keep your UK job.

Surely they should have been thinking of something like "grandfather rights" to cover all existing EASA licence holders!!! Going the way of a messy divorce will leave everybody with mud on their faces.
    Eez kut, yez..

Intriguing it certainly is, i agree with you that my IAA ticket may not be accepted in the UK, like a number of engineers. However, when approached about the position they said there were a LOT of UK CAA engineers in the same boat, same question, in europe. Bloody mess all round. The grandfather rights would be the logical answer or UKCAA seeks a bi lateral agreement on Engineer (and Pilots) licences. This will be quite messy i am sure, but hopefully common sense prevails.
    That went as well as can be expected.........

Thread Information