Thread: Windows update troubles

Default Windows update troubles

Hi,

I updated the latest patch from Windows on Sunday. Now I've lost Outlook. If I try to start Outlook, I get a message saying that Outlook is preparing to install. Then after a few seconds, I get another window saying 'Cannot start Outlook. Cannot open Outlook window'. I have a genuine version of Outlook 2010 and up to this point, everything had worked perfectly. Any ideas computer wizards?
    Giz a job!

Default Re: Windows update troubles

JFD
    1. What is your version of Windows?
    2. Is your Outlook web-based or desktop-based? Web-based Outlook you can access via any device connected to the Internet. Older, desktop-based Outlook can only be accessed from your desktop.
    3. In case you are having conflicts between Microsoft browser and the Windows, you may try to install a 3rd party browser, e.g. Opera browser, then use the new browser to access a web-based version of your Hotmail/MSN/Live account.
    I love this job

Hi no Smoking,

1. Windows is 10 with latest updates; this issue only started after the latest update, before then Outlook worked fine.
    2. Outlook is desktop based, 2010 version
    3. I am using Firefox browser. I can access my mail e-mail account which is run by Virgin Media.

Apparently I am not the only person this has happened to either.
    Giz a job!

JFD
    Outlook 2010 is a bit dated for use with Windows 10 [W10]. When I ordered my W10 machine I also ordered Microsoft Office 2016 Home and Student, 1 User Lifetime Licence. This version provides a great Outlook for W10.

I also use Firefox browser as an extra on my W10. On your Firefox, you can install an updated Outlook by visiting: https://outlook.live.com/owa/?authRedirect=true

Just sign in with your e-mail address and password.
    I love this job

Thanks for the help so far. I have the Mail account and it works with my gmail account, I have also added my Ntlworld account too and can't seem to send or receive e-mail, even though the wizard says that the account is set up correctly. What next?
    Giz a job!

Is the new problem affecting Ntlworld only? I believe that is part of virginmedia. Are you trying to synchronise it with Outlook?
    I love this job

Ntlworld is part of Virginmedia and my NTL account has never worked with the new MS mail app. Yes i am trying to synchronise my NTL account with Outloon, it worked with the 2010 version, but doesn't work with the 2016 version.
    Giz a job!

I guess the NTLworld mail is yet to catch up with the Outlook 2016. I recall a few years back when Blackberry was in vogue. It could accommodate my hotmail account, but not my virgin mail. This has improved with my Android which has my hotmail, gmail and virgin mail all running side-by-side.
    I love this job

Thread Information