Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: New working practices and restructuring .

Default Re: New working practices and restructuring .

One new thing today was that the company stopped the union from giving us a brief on restructuring and OCG today , it wasn't for operation reasons as we hadn't started work at that time , they just didn't want anyone to know what their plans are .

That seems a little far fetched; BA stopped a brief? I doubt very much that "any" rep would say "OK boss man (bwana)" I will do as you say.....

Yes at the time the brief was stopped by a senior manager ,which has now been carried out but details of the new LAE job description has been held back on management orders for now ,and it looks as though the workforce may even put up a fight on the restructuring as the OCG contract is causing some problems with people not wanting it ,it will be forced in at some stage but no point in just rolling over just yet or may as well just leave the union as they will have no power over OCG if it ever gets accepted .

We have a ballot coming up regarding the new restructuring and OCG contracts being pushed forward by the company and looking at the main briefing there was only very bad news regarding the OCG side of things , but some reps are concerned that certain groups will vote in the changes for a very small pay rise as they don't understand the change in contracts that will take place very quickly with a yes vote , yes I know I've not got long to go before retiring but I'd sooner not have my terms and conditions changed by a vote from someone that's only been here a couple of years just so they can get a small pay rise .Only people that actualy work for BA will know about this pressure to change things here .

“some reps are concerned that certain groups (who?) will vote in the changes for a very small pay rise as they don’t understand the change in contracts”?..............BA current employees are of the understanding any changes (OCG) only applies to new starters (that’s bad enough in itself!!!!!!!). Can the reps not ensure all staff are aware of what changes lie ahead?

New redefined LAE 2 job vacancy for H6 already up on Jobsearch. Company isn't waiting around for the result of the ballot.
    I'm a very persuasive person. I can convince myself of anything.

Whilst I dislike the new contract with a vengeance ( it is borderline illegal , and certainly contrary to good working practice ) I am not surprised that the company have already started recruiting, after all there was very little fight in the staff when it really affected them , in the pension issue , so they assume there will be real fight against OCG !
    It seems that there is nothing that the staff are prepared to fight for , which is a real shame !
    B737,757,767 , A320/330/340 ........ And several bars .....

Red face Re: New working practices and restructuring .

So 65% No vote and BA are already advertising a new pay scale for LAE,s , seems a bit awkward to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Rimlet View Post
    So 65% No vote and BA are already advertising a new pay scale for LAE,s , seems a bit awkward to say the least
    Isn't this the same as the LAE2 grade and AMS. They were rejected but then offered on a voluntary basis.

Thread Information