Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 147

Thread: here we go again!

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In the sunshine
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alber Ratman View Post
    You will not be able to transfer to an IAA PART 66 unless your are Irish, live in Ireland, working for an Irish Company or can prove your training docs are IAA compatable. My mate (whom voted leave and now wants to work and live in Europe) has written to them and got that answer back. You can bet any other EU NAA will say the same thing. Nothing that the Brexiteers say on this thread is going to change that. Feel sorry for the guys working abroad whom are going to get screwed.
    Thanks for the info Alber, even if it is not very reassuring for those abroad on a UK issued EASA Licence. Potentially looks like I'll be left with some form of UK CAA Licence that my company may, or may not recognise post March in the event of a no deal. Currently looks like my company will have to convert me to their home country NAA at their or my expense and my study.........or dispense with me.
    A modern day warrior

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Away from Scotland
    Posts
    2,481

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    Thanks for the info Alber, even if it is not very reassuring for those abroad on a UK issued EASA Licence. Potentially looks like I'll be left with some form of UK CAA Licence that my company may, or may not recognise post March in the event of a no deal. Currently looks like my company will have to convert me to their home country NAA at their or my expense and my study.........or dispense with me.
    I hope for the best for you mate. Lots of other Brits are going to be screwed by this bull.
    Alonso Hater

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Crawley
    Posts
    1,256

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Brits screwed by Brits

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Away from Scotland
    Posts
    2,481

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by litebulbs View Post
    Brits screwed by Brits
    And the Brexiteers whom where shouting off up to a month ago have gone very quiet. No shocks there . Where is that Tinsley Green? Thank you for turning our tickets into snowflake paperwork.
    Alonso Hater

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Suki yaki
    Posts
    10,203

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    Thanks for the info Alber, even if it is not very reassuring for those abroad on a UK issued EASA Licence. Potentially looks like I'll be left with some form of UK CAA Licence that my company may, or may not recognise post March in the event of a no deal. Currently looks like my company will have to convert me to their home country NAA at their or my expense and my study.........or dispense with me.
    If your company is not domiciled in the EU-27, they will find that their NAA will be talking with the UK CAA for bilateral agreements.

    Have faith, guys. UK CAA is not suddenly becoming a rogue authority because of a no-deal Brexit.
    I love this job

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: here we go again!

    If you live and work in mainland Europe you will be able to convert your 'old' UK EASA licence with the appropriate NAA in a no deal scenario. I don't see the problem personally, after all if you choose to live and work in Europe that is your choice and you will be able to continue to do so. You will also be able to get a 'new' UK licence so you could return to the UK to work no problem.

    For those of us who voted to leave because of our dislike of the way Europe is heading and does not want the UK to become part of the 'Federal States of Europe' these are small sacrifices to make, the future we face as an independent nation once more is vastly more exciting, in my opinion, than being tied more and more politically with the EU. Not many of us (remainers or Brexiteers) sang the praises of JAA66 and EASA all those years ago and have witnessed how corrupt and uneven the EASA playing field is so I will be glad to see the back of it but I fear we will end up in a grotty deal staying in EASA but having no influence.

    I remember the days when our A&C,X,E,I licences were accepted all over the world as proof enough to gain sign off privileges on other nations aircraft, maybe once clear of EASA we can go back to having the world's most respected licence system.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alber Ratman View Post
    You will not be able to transfer to an IAA PART 66 unless your are Irish, live in Ireland, working for an Irish Company or can prove your training docs are IAA compatable. My mate (whom voted leave and now wants to work and live in Europe) has written to them and got that answer back. You can bet any other EU NAA will say the same thing. Nothing that the Brexiteers say on this thread is going to change that. Feel sorry for the guys working abroad whom are going to get screwed.
    Directly from the IAA,

    AML TRANSFER OF STATE GUIDANCE

    The IAA may accept a transfer of licence provided applicants meet the following criteria:
    a) The applicant is developing their career in a maintenance organisation located or based in Ireland; or
    b) They need to have their licence endorsed based on courses directly approved by the IAA; or
    c) They need acceptance of basic examinations conducted by the IAA; or
    d) They have residential ties to Ireland; or
    e) They have the right to work in Ireland.

    A request for a transfer may not progress until an applicant adequately demonstrates one or more of the criteria items above.

    We can transfer based on point e) - currently we are EU citizens so have the right to work in Ireland. After we leave?...well who knows.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Essex
    Posts
    52

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Armstrong View Post
    If you live and work in mainland Europe you will be able to convert your 'old' UK EASA licence with the appropriate NAA in a no deal scenario. I don't see the problem personally, after all if you choose to live and work in Europe that is your choice and you will be able to continue to do so. You will also be able to get a 'new' UK licence so you could return to the UK to work no problem.

    For those of us who voted to leave because of our dislike of the way Europe is heading and does not want the UK to become part of the 'Federal States of Europe' these are small sacrifices to make, the future we face as an independent nation once more is vastly more exciting, in my opinion, than being tied more and more politically with the EU. Not many of us (remainers or Brexiteers) sang the praises of JAA66 and EASA all those years ago and have witnessed how corrupt and uneven the EASA playing field is so I will be glad to see the back of it but I fear we will end up in a grotty deal staying in EASA but having no influence.

    I remember the days when our A&C,X,E,I licences were accepted all over the world as proof enough to gain sign off privileges on other nations aircraft, maybe once clear of EASA we can go back to having the world's most respected licence system.
    Blimey, you’ve gobbled up the typical brexiteer rhetoric ‘dreaming of the good old days’
    The world has moved on I’d suggest moving with it.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Away from Scotland
    Posts
    2,481

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Armstrong View Post

    I remember the days when our A&C,X,E,I licences were accepted all over the world as proof enough to gain sign off privileges on other nations aircraft, maybe once clear of EASA we can go back to having the world's most respected licence system.
    Well you can try Indonisia and Africa. They will still accept them. As Tux has said, the World has moved on. Why should I make a sacrifice for you?
    Alonso Hater

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Crawley
    Posts
    1,256

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Armstrong View Post
    I remember the days when our A&C,X,E,I licences were accepted all over the world as proof enough to gain sign off privileges on other nations aircraft, maybe once clear of EASA we can go back to having the world's most respected licence system.
    OK, they may have been accepted the world over, but I would suggest that UK EASA tickets still are, but with the added benefit of being live within Europe; no need to gain anything.

    But lets put politics aside and talk economics. Will the whole licensing process be cheaper, the same or more expensive when we go it alone? Are shared services cheaper, the same or more expensive? I currently work alongside colleagues from many nations across EASA land and we are yet to have a willy off about whose stamp carries more weight.

    I have to work every day with shit UK engineer (each time I look in a mirror), and work with people who converse in the language of aviation, which is their second tongue.

    But back to the point, I have absolutely no doubt that the UKCAA will be able to regulate again, to the gold standard, it is just whether the market will grow or decline with the increased cost.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 8 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 8 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •