Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: here we go again!

Default Re: here we go again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley Green View Post
    Do you people really believe that say Egypt or South Africa or Brazil don't sell within FAA or EASA lands?
    Wake up. Its business. If somebody wants it, they get it regardless of any perceived barriers declared by remoaners.

How much influence do you think the UK has with Airbus as it is?
    Surprise surprise, none. EU/EASA won't make any difference to anything.

If the UK wants to sell abroad, it will meet all the necessary requirements regardless of membership of any club. Stop pretending the world is going to end without the eu. Pull off the blinkers

There are 195 countres on this planet. 28 are in the EU, 32 are in EASA. That leaves over 160 countries to do business with. wakey wakey, the world is not flat
    Oh yeah those powerhouses of aviation Eqypt and South Africa!

Brazil is massively influenced by both FAA and EASA. but they have no influence the other way.
    The UK has influence within EASA and Airbus because they are partners both in business and regulation. But they won't be anymore...thanks for that.
    If the UK wants to sell abroad it will have to conform to the regulations of the countries involved. At the moment the UK has some influence on those regulations within the EU and by strength of numbers a sphere of influence outside Europe. That will no longer be the case.

Wakey wakey?
    WE ALREADY DO BUSINESS OUTSIDE OF EUROPE, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF THE IDIOTIC UKIP MANTRA! BEING IN THE EU DOES NOT STOP US FROM BUYING OR SELLING GOODS OUTSIDE of EUROPE!

UK an aviation powerhouse lmfao back in the days of the empire but we joined the eu.
    we have no influence anywhere now. In fact the UK particularly the caa very cleverly stripped itself of all its power by joining the eu.

Airbus would drop the uk tomorrow if it could but the wings are well designed. First bad design and it goes to continental europe immediately.
    We can only deal outside of europe on eu terms. That is exactly the problem wakey wakey hugh.
    Last edited by Tinsley Green; February 4th, 2018 at 21:00.

I find it rather sad that some people seem to think that the UK is some sort of back water of the great EU, we are the fifth largest economy in the world, we are heading towards the most exciting period of our modern lives, get back in touch with the Commonwealth, get on with business with the rest of the world, europe will still be there it's not going anywhere. I am old enough to remember before the EU and the UK was fine, the EU is not democratic and will shortly become the United States of Europe which we definitely don't want to be part of, in my opinion of course! The UK CAA will have to get it's act together again and for me that should be better in the long run, so what if it costs us a bit more, it will be worth it in the end...... trust me!

at last someone who is awake.

Here here Neil

at last someone who is awake.

Here here Neil
    Christ it's like talking to Moon Landing Deniers or 911 conspiracy nutters.

The UK joined the EEC/Common Market because it needed to. The UK was not 'fine'. We cannot just turn the clocks back. The empire has gone, the commonwealth is an anachranism.

We are out of Europe and screwed!

Hugh said:
    We are out of Europe and screwed!
    WOW, Hugh why are you a p*ss boy at BA and not Prime Minister? Perhaps because the word you used "idiotic" has remained very close to home.

The UK joined the EEC because it was a pet project of a few 2nd world war academics who dreamt of a european federal state siding with america. Their positon rose partly out of never wanting to experience 1939-1945 again and partly out of a wider global academics dream of a one government world. The information is widely available to anyone with more than half a brain cell. Sorry Hugh that excludes you. Someone will have to explain it to you. All the rest, all the nonsense is wrapping paper. It was actually reported in the Italian press this weekend that the Germans are having big issues with Macron's vision of Europe, which is to reform and become even more integrated. For you Hugh that means moving even closer to becoming one nation, europe.

The true answer is that Harold Macmillan, backed by a handful of close advisers, was part of an intellectual tradition that sought salvation in some sort of world government based on regional groups.
    The thing with that its an ideology. So you either support it or you don't. So forget all the nonsense about in and out of easa, in and out of the customs union, its all wrapping paper.
    There is only one answer to the question, no matter which way you formulate it; do you wish to remain independent country and control your own laws and run your own state or...............do you want to become part of a new state, Europe, where Brussels is your parliament.

So you take your yes or no and move on. This country has already answered the question and should now move on.
    Its like a Part 66 exam. You can't go back in and change your answers,because if you did it would undermine the whole system. Unless of course you are in Europe or Unite and then you vote until you get the wanted answer.

So Hugh you are undermining the democratic system, you are trying to cheat with your views. You don't know better than anyone else so get off the soapbox.

But here is an even bigger clue from a few years ago as to why we should leave:

Hearts assistant manager Donald Park: It is very difficult when you play against foreign opposition because culturally they don't class diving as cheating"

That is the biggest reason why we need to leave, its true. JAR's, we all joked and moaned about it but we all knew what was going on. But it doesn't stop at JAR's, it spreads throughout your whole life. Culturally, Europe and the UK are at 2 completely different places. Shame on those who continue to run down a country most others dream of emulating. We are not perfect but we get many things right and it needs to stay that way.

I voted to Leave (surprise surprise!) for one reason only, to remove the UK from the EU as it's inevitable path is for a United States of Europe which we would then have even less control over, don't get me wrong the UK is not perfect but I feel more in control as a voter if we stick to the UK only.

I believe that the EU politicians are slowly slowly changing the EU towards this position and hope that old farts like me don't notice or care and young people think they are allowed to do this and have grown up with Brussels being the boss so they accept it.

I was in Portugal on the day of the Referendum result and one of the Hotel Reception staff actually thought a Country could not actually leave the EU, she was serious! Young people are just accepting the way forward, but puzzling to me is when things like Catalonia fires up which is all about small 'Nations' getting stroppy about their position and want nothing to do with Madrid but are quite happy to bow down to Brussels! Very odd.

UK an aviation powerhouse lmfao back in the days of the empire but we joined the eu.
    we have no influence anywhere now. In fact the UK particularly the caa very cleverly stripped itself of all its power by joining the eu.

Airbus would drop the uk tomorrow if it could but the wings are well designed. First bad design and it goes to continental europe immediately.
    We can only deal outside of europe on eu terms. That is exactly the problem wakey wakey hugh.
    If those idiot British directrors and accountants at Wastospace hadn't sold their Airbus shares, Airbus could never pull out.
    Alonso Hater

If those idiot British directrors and accountants at Wastospace hadn't sold their Airbus shares, Airbus could never pull out.
    Very true but BAE went the greedy route selling weapons. Short term more gain.

Personally I voted out to regain control of our country, nothing to do with money or economics, purely about control.
    1. The next 10-15 years are going to be hard work - for everyone. It took 40 years to get deep into the EU - it may take as long to get out
    2. The EU can't afford to let the UK get out easily or lightly - that would promote other nations to do the same.
    3. To gain control we have to leave completely, no trade clubs, no immigration allowances.
    4. We cannot rely on foreigners to do work in our country - it only drives down our wages and increases profits for owners. A mass influx of foreign workers does nothing to improve anything for the UK in the long term.
    5. We must start growing our own food again (not new-gen fuel) and use our own workers to farm it.
    Its not all bad!
    We may get relief on VAT....(NOT!)
    Last edited by Rigga; February 5th, 2018 at 21:32.
    Looked alright to Me....

Thread Information