Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: here we go again!

Default Re: here we go again!

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...no-brexit-deal

Engineers

Licensed engineers maintaining UK registered aircraft would need to hold an appropriate licence issued by the CAA. All maintenance engineer licences issued by the CAA prior to exit day would remain valid for work on UK registered aircraft. Valid aircraft maintenance engineer licences (Part-66 licences) issued by an EASA competent authority other than the CAA prior to exit day would remain valid for maintenance on UK registered aircraft by virtue of the Withdrawal Act. Such validity is limited to up to 2 years after exit day, after which licences issued by the CAA would be required.

The EU has indicated that it would take a different approach to the UK on the recognition of engineer licences. Engineers with licences issued by the CAA should be aware that the European Commission has stated that those licences would no longer be valid in the EASA system after exit day. This means that UK-issued Part-66 licences would no longer be valid for the performance of maintenance on aircraft registered in an EASA Member State. Maintenance engineers who would likely be required to maintain such aircraft should check with their employer to ensure that they would continue to hold the relevant licences.
    Eat more pies....M0NCL

So long as EASA will issue new Licences to those with the new stand alone UK Licence then what is the big deal? I don't see this as a Cliff Edge disaster leading to the end of the world, worst case is you might need to keep two licences going.

So the big question is can we hold 2 Licences?

yes, you can. Get yourself over to the new CAA microsite, it has a few more answers...

https://info.caa.co.uk/euexit/
    Eat more pies....M0NCL

Anyone considering converting their licence from U.K. CAA to Irish IAA or similar incase of no deal?
    ​​​​​​​
    It seems to be a popular transfer with pilots, how about engineers?

Discuss...

Quote Originally Posted by tux2006 View Post
    Anyone considering converting their licence from U.K. CAA to Irish IAA or similar incase of no deal?
    ​​​​​​​
    It seems to be a popular transfer with pilots, how about engineers?

Discuss...
    Surely, holding both UK CAA & IAA EASA licences would be better?

Kudos to the UK CAA for the generous stance taken.
    Last edited by No Smoking; September 25th, 2018 at 23:52.
    I love this job

As far as I know you cannot hold two EASA licences, obvious really as they are 'The same' however if we pull out of EASA then I would assume that you could have a UK licence (Third country status) and apply for an EASA one, having met the requirements of an EASA licence prior to the UK becoming third country then how could EASA refuse the application? Could or would they refuse on other grounds ie non EU citizen? I don't think EASA currently require you to be an EU citizen to hold a Part 66 licence and so they would struggle having reasons to reject applications from UK ex EASA licence holders, in my opinion of course!

You can't hold two EASA licences. You don't have to be a EASA citizen to hold a Licence. This enables 'Foreign' EASA Part 145 organisations to operate with 'foreign' Part 66 Licence holders. But, if the way ahead is as the CAA has publicised, you could hold an EASA Licence from a country of your choice, and a CAA Licence, in the same way that you may also hold an FAA or other state's Licence.
    The way ahead is that UK 145s will apply for EASA approvals as well as UK ones to enable current contracts to continue. It is only then that the UK will find if prices are sufficient to keep trading with the UK standard of work vs the EU's.
    Looked alright to Me....

Tinsley can pay for my BCAR iniitial issue in 2 years. What a dogs dinner.
    Alonso Hater

Edit - not really relevant to this thread
    Last edited by litebulbs; September 26th, 2018 at 11:41.

Thread Information