Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 138

Thread: here we go again!

  1. #121
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A better place
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Update:
    “We have updated the information on our microsite concerning licensed engineers in the event of a non-negotiated EU exit. To enable the CAA time to complete its part in the licence transfer process, the CAA advises that application forms for licence transfers to another EU Member State need to be submitted to the CAA by January 1, 2019”
    I don’t understand the intention of this message, are they giving up already?
    If we do change our licence, what about in two years time?

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    88

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Yes I am a little confused, I thought that if you wished to do anything it would be to apply to another EU NAA for one of their licences and then the UK CAA would 'park' your UK EASA licence, the EU NAA you are applying to be it the Irish or whoever is the direction you take initially if you so wish and what results from that ie you get an Irish Licence means you let the UK CAA know your UK EASA Licence has now been 'transferred' to the other EU NAA.

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In the sunshine
    Posts
    65

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Me too........was looking at the Irish route, and appears the CAA have made it easier as they will handle it for you, but doesn't answer the question of how/if you retain any rights to a new format UK Licence in April (hard exit), or after 2 years transition (soft exit). Maybe there will be some form of Grandfather rights, or is your UK version "parked" pending your application for a UK Licence? Some people out there will need an EU Licence to sign Euro reg aircraft, and a UK Licence to sign G reg potentially. Think I will need an EASA Licence as I am outside of Europe currently, but want to retain my options in case of any need to return to UK in future.
    A modern day warrior

  4. #124
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Away from Scotland
    Posts
    2,393

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    Me too........was looking at the Irish route, and appears the CAA have made it easier as they will handle it for you, but doesn't answer the question of how/if you retain any rights to a new format UK Licence in April (hard exit), or after 2 years transition (soft exit). Maybe there will be some form of Grandfather rights, or is your UK version "parked" pending your application for a UK Licence? Some people out there will need an EU Licence to sign Euro reg aircraft, and a UK Licence to sign G reg potentially. Think I will need an EASA Licence as I am outside of Europe currently, but want to retain my options in case of any need to return to UK in future.
    Good old dogs dinner.
    Alonso Hater

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,257

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    Me too........was looking at the Irish route, and appears the CAA have made it easier as they will handle it for you, but doesn't answer the question of how/if you retain any rights to a new format UK Licence in April (hard exit), or after 2 years transition (soft exit). Maybe there will be some form of Grandfather rights, or is your UK version "parked" pending your application for a UK Licence? Some people out there will need an EU Licence to sign Euro reg aircraft, and a UK Licence to sign G reg potentially. Think I will need an EASA Licence as I am outside of Europe currently, but want to retain my options in case of any need to return to UK in future.
    According to the 24th Sep announcement a UK CAA issued licence will not be required to sign G reg aircraft as the CAA have said they will accept an EASA issued licence.

    The way I read it, a UK CAA licence will be utterly useless.

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    92

    Default Re: here we go again!

    CAA Engineers Brexit FAQ's https://info.caa.co.uk/eu-exit/licensed-engineers/

    CAA Transfer of State Application Page https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-ind...nance-Licence/


    If you are transferring out the guaranteed cut- off date for a Transfer is application in by 1 Jan 2019 after that you run the risk of not having the application processed in time.

  7. #127
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A better place
    Posts
    27

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by BluFin View Post
    CAA Engineers Brexit FAQ's https://info.caa.co.uk/eu-exit/licensed-engineers/

    CAA Transfer of State Application Page https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-ind...nance-Licence/


    If you are transferring out the guaranteed cut- off date for a Transfer is application in by 1 Jan 2019 after that you run the risk of not having the application processed in time.
    Gone, my transfer application has travel to Aviation House on Friday, now I’m wondering, will the CAA advice us if in between, there is deal exit or second referendum or extension or whatever, if we want to consider keeping the CAA Licence?

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    In the sunshine
    Posts
    65

    Default Re: here we go again!

    UK-AME - quick question; do you have to apply to both NAA's or just the UK CAA to transfer over your details to your chosen new NAA for issue of the new state licence? I'm looking at getting mine together over the next week or so as I have a bit more time as I now have a non-EU Licence for my current employer. More than likely will be the IAA due to common language.

    There is some talk from the pilots that they will get a UK Licence in the future even if they do transfer NAA's to maintain an EASA Licence at present https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/...nvalid-31.html (page 31, post 614). Hopefully the same will apply to us as well.
    A modern day warrior

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    A better place
    Posts
    27

    Thumbs up Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    UK-AME - quick question; do you have to apply to both NAA's or just the UK CAA to transfer over your details to your chosen new NAA for issue of the new state licence? I'm looking at getting mine together over the next week or so as I have a bit more time as I now have a non-EU Licence for my current employer. More than likely will be the IAA due to common language.

    There is some talk from the pilots that they will get a UK Licence in the future even if they do transfer NAA's to maintain an EASA Licence at present https://www.pprune.org/rumours-news/...nvalid-31.html (page 31, post 614). Hopefully the same will apply to us as well.
    Well, chicken and egg question, the other NAA will not do anything without a Form 19 asking for a New licence to be issue, most of them will have already a “Transfer” box to tick off, then some will expect to receive the Report from the CAA, some others will contact the CAA, then you would be expected to have paid the fees and the form SRG2148 submitted, now, with the amount of work these ppl have at the moment, I suposse that you can do the CAA bit first, and then do the other one, otherwise someone will call you or email you asking for your Form 19 I guess. Just my opinion.
    I have submitted mine to the other authority by email, and they will send me an invoice, until is not paid, nothing will happens.
    One funny or not so funny note: All your qualifications, and all your types now are going to have the same date, which will be the issue date..... good luck explaining that to some “LinkedIn browsers” AKA recruiters.

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Crawley
    Posts
    1,146

    Default Re: here we go again!

    My current employer wants all of us to transfer, they are paying and are working with the UKCAA to make it happen. My prevoius employer has applied for 3rd country status and has said it is the individuals choice to transfer or not, but they won't be paying. Both companies have group AOC's in more than one EU state. Which one is following the correct course? If the UK government agrees, then the following will allow 9 more months of status quo -

    http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-18-6851_en.htm

    Why do you think the Q&A from the EU Exit microsite for the Nigels and there licence is not stated on the engineers one -

    https://info.caa.co.uk/eu-exit/commercial-pilots/

    EUreka! I know, I will ask Unite, they will be all over this!
    Last edited by litebulbs; January 1st, 2019 at 12:55. Reason: spolling

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •