Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: here we go again!

Default Re: here we go again!

So does this mean that after March 2019 a CAA licence will be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard? If an EASA licence will be recognised and acceptable to the UK CAA why bother getting a UK one?
    I admit to being slightly confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jampton View Post
    So does this mean that after March 2019 a CAA licence will be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard? If an EASA licence will be recognised and acceptable to the UK CAA why bother getting a UK one?
    I admit to being slightly confused.
    Because we will all have nice shiney BCAR A,C and X ones that are transferable and useable in all the rest of the world.. 15 years ago. But not now. But heyhow, the BA LHR guys and the other nutters I work with will be happy. Thank the lord my lot are domestic. Does make me wonder about the Dutch owned lot accross the pan and the painting lot will get on with the regulatory and the commerical.
    Last edited by Alber Ratman; September 26th, 2018 at 21:22.
    Alonso Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
    This does impact me as I currently work overseas (non EU) for a company that holds EASA 145 & 147 so recognise my current licence and training, but will they recognise a UK CAA licence after March in the event of a hard exit? Would like to keep options open of returning to UK at some point as you never know what life can throw at you.
    There's a high likelihood that non-EU manufacturers of aviation products along with MROs and Training providers will seek to hold UK CAA Approvals following a Brexit crash-out. Non-EU airlines will need to come under a Bilateral Agreement, anyway.
    I love this job

Quote Originally Posted by Rigga View Post
    The way ahead is that UK 145s will apply for EASA approvals as well as UK ones to enable current contracts to continue. It is only then that the UK will find if prices are sufficient to keep trading with the UK standard of work vs the EU's.
    With the hard-nosed approach being pursued by EASA, post no-deal Brexit all UK aviation products and personnel licences become void. Let's not go cap-in-hand to beg them to reconsider us.
    I love this job

Quote Originally Posted by No Smoking View Post
    There's a high likelihood that non-EU manufacturers of aviation products along with MROs and Training providers will seek to hold UK CAA Approvals following a Brexit crash-out. Non-EU airlines will need to come under a Bilateral Agreement, anyway.
    Why? I am at a loss here. If the UK CAA is willing to accept EASA regs (just not be part of EASA), then surely any non EU manufacturers will just seek EU EASA approval as the CAA will rubber stamp it. Or have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jampton View Post
    Why? I am at a loss here. If the UK CAA is willing to accept EASA regs (just not be part of EASA), then surely any non EU manufacturers will just seek EU EASA approval as the CAA will rubber stamp it. Or have I missed something?
    The no-deal Brexit scenario takes us back to the pre-JAR/EASA days when each NAA did its own thing, and the UK CAA was a big player. The non-EU manufacturers, airlines and MROs will be dealing directly with the UK CAA on the basis of mutually agreed bilaterals.
    I love this job

After March 2019 if there’s no deal
    The technical rules and standards of EU aviation safety legislation would be retained and applied by the UK as domestic law, through the provisions of the European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 (“the Withdrawal Act”).

The functions currently performed by EASA in relation to approvals for UK designed aeronautical products and approvals for third country organisations would be conferred on the CAA. These are explained in more detail below. The CAA has been preparing to take on these responsibilities since the EU referendum, and we are confident that they will be ready to perform these functions if required.

If there’s no deal, the automatic mutual recognition of aviation safety certificates, provided for under the EASA system, would cease to apply to the UK. A large number of different safety certificates are issued to organisations and individuals involved in the design, production, maintenance and operation of aircraft and details on which certificates would be recognised in the UK and EU. An annex below explains the conditions under which they are provided.

The government is working closely with the three countries with whom the EU has concluded a BASA to agree replacement bilateral arrangements, to apply as soon as the EU-negotiated agreements cease to apply for the UK.

Source: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...theres-no-deal
    I love this job

Quote Originally Posted by No Smoking View Post
    With the hard-nosed approach being pursued by EASA, post no-deal Brexit all UK aviation products and personnel licences become void. Let's not go cap-in-hand to beg them to reconsider us.
    I don't think EASA/EU are being hard nosed. At the moment they do not know what structure and legislation the UK Government or CAA is going to apply, so they are unlikely to just to accept things in advance without knowing what they will be accepting. CASA in Australia when they went down the 66/145/147 route initially wanted to align with EASA regs, but they ended up changing enough that there was no mutual recognition between them. On that basis EASA are doing the right thing. The UK & CAA know what form things are set up as now, so can be pretty sure in saying "yes...we will recognise EASA post March in event of hard exit", indeed it will be in their best interest to to protect UK aviation industry......or what will potentially be left of it.
    A modern day warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
    The UK & CAA know what form things are set up as now, so can be pretty sure in saying "yes...we will recognise EASA post March in event of hard exit", indeed it will be in their best interest to to protect UK aviation industry......or what will potentially be left of it.
    No-one, whether UK or the EU-27, knows how the Brexit talks will end up. The UK govt is being pragmatic in setting out plans for a no-deal finale. It's pleasing to see that the UK CAA plans extend till Brexit plus 2yrs, giving enough time to ramp up arrangements to get fully on top of all the functions previously ceded to EASA.

If the EU-27 don't make a move on the no-deal possibility, they'll be left holding the can. Part-TCO is a document that must be signed by every EU-27 airline seeking to come into the UK, post-Brexit.
    I love this job

You will not be able to transfer to an IAA PART 66 unless your are Irish, live in Ireland, working for an Irish Company or can prove your training docs are IAA compatable. My mate (whom voted leave and now wants to work and live in Europe) has written to them and got that answer back. You can bet any other EU NAA will say the same thing. Nothing that the Brexiteers say on this thread is going to change that. Feel sorry for the guys working abroad whom are going to get screwed.
    Alonso Hater

Thread Information