Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213

Thread: here we go again!

Default Re: here we go again!

Update:
    “We have updated the information on our microsite concerning licensed engineers in the event of a non-negotiated EU exit. To enable the CAA time to complete its part in the licence transfer process, the CAA advises that application forms for licence transfers to another EU Member State need to be submitted to the CAA by January 1, 2019”
    I don’t understand the intention of this message, are they giving up already?
    If we do change our licence, what about in two years time?

Yes I am a little confused, I thought that if you wished to do anything it would be to apply to another EU NAA for one of their licences and then the UK CAA would 'park' your UK EASA licence, the EU NAA you are applying to be it the Irish or whoever is the direction you take initially if you so wish and what results from that ie you get an Irish Licence means you let the UK CAA know your UK EASA Licence has now been 'transferred' to the other EU NAA.

Me too........was looking at the Irish route, and appears the CAA have made it easier as they will handle it for you, but doesn't answer the question of how/if you retain any rights to a new format UK Licence in April (hard exit), or after 2 years transition (soft exit). Maybe there will be some form of Grandfather rights, or is your UK version "parked" pending your application for a UK Licence? Some people out there will need an EU Licence to sign Euro reg aircraft, and a UK Licence to sign G reg potentially. Think I will need an EASA Licence as I am outside of Europe currently, but want to retain my options in case of any need to return to UK in future.
    A modern day warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    Me too........was looking at the Irish route, and appears the CAA have made it easier as they will handle it for you, but doesn't answer the question of how/if you retain any rights to a new format UK Licence in April (hard exit), or after 2 years transition (soft exit). Maybe there will be some form of Grandfather rights, or is your UK version "parked" pending your application for a UK Licence? Some people out there will need an EU Licence to sign Euro reg aircraft, and a UK Licence to sign G reg potentially. Think I will need an EASA Licence as I am outside of Europe currently, but want to retain my options in case of any need to return to UK in future.
    Good old dogs dinner.
    Alonso Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    According to the 24th Sep announcement a UK CAA issued licence will not be required to sign G reg aircraft as the CAA have said they will accept an EASA issued licence.

The way I read it, a UK CAA licence will be utterly useless.

CAA Engineers Brexit FAQ's https://info.caa.co.uk/eu-exit/licensed-engineers/

CAA Transfer of State Application Page https://www.caa.co.uk/Commercial-ind...nance-Licence/

If you are transferring out the guaranteed cut- off date for a Transfer is application in by 1 Jan 2019 after that you run the risk of not having the application processed in time.

Thread Information