Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: here we go again!

Default Re: here we go again!

Posters on the Flyer raise some interesting points.

Reviving the UK CAA to its fullscale model should be a welcome opportunity for UK aviation professionals. The certification of aviation products will need to follow harmonised Requirements, as currently exists between EASA and FAA.
    I love this job

This looks like another area not thought of when the referendum was put in place. Surely UK manufacturing companies could be approved by outside authorities FAA & EASA and UK engineers would still be able to hold EASA or FAA qualifications.
    The Higher the Fewer

Maybe the CAA could ask all the UK staff that went on the EASA gravy train to come back and fill the empty desks at Gatwick. I don't see the problem, we ran things fine pre EASA days for goodness sake, we have been doing this since 1919!

In fact if I was the boss of EASA I would be worried about the British brain drain out of EASA back to Blighty!

Neil, Precisely what I thought!

As for licensing, there is nothing to say that current licenses cannot remain as the are - the CAA (If split off) would merely have to issue grandfather right licenses to current UK holders who would also be able to keep/renew whatever licences (EASA, FAA, AUS, CAA) are required by them and there businesses.

EASA Approved organisations would simply convert to 'Foreign' organisations, with the same requirements.
    Looked alright to Me....

Its gonna be complex

My guess Aircraft and aircraft spares manufacturing companies holding EASA approvals will still maintain those approvals. Countries outside of the EU hold EASA approvals so why not the UK. Engineering Licensing may be more complex.
    The Higher the Fewer

Mainland Europe NAA's will be rubbing their hands with glee if we leave EASA no more interfering Brits complaining about dumbing down and removing the Licenced system. Bring on the 'Task trained' mechanics and all will be cheaper er, well, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by litebulbs View Post
    Its gonna be complex
    It will be complex, but it is do-able.

Requirements need to be harmonised. Airworthiness Directives should be simplified, compared to the former UK CAA CAP473 / CAP474 method.
    I love this job

Thread Information