Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415
Results 141 to 147 of 147

Thread: here we go again!

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Crawley
    Posts
    1,255

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by No Smoking View Post
    The final countdown, before the Transition starts.
    And the outcome?

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Suki yaki
    Posts
    9,963

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by litebulbs View Post
    And the outcome?
    Apparently EU-27 are very keen to continue fishing in the UK.
    I love this job

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Away from Scotland
    Posts
    2,462

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Covid beat the hell out of everyone..
    Alonso Hater

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    East Anglia
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: here we go again!

    So, whatever happens in the next few days to 31st December, the rules on the use of EASA Licences in UK is interesting (limited to 2 years use in UK) and also I find it interesting that those who have opted for 'foreign' Licences can almost immediately apply for UK licences again!
    What are your thoughts on licensing?
    Looked alright to Me....

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Away from Scotland
    Posts
    2,462

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigga View Post
    So, whatever happens in the next few days to 31st December, the rules on the use of EASA Licences in UK is interesting (limited to 2 years use in UK) and also I find it interesting that those who have opted for 'foreign' Licences can almost immediately apply for UK licences again!
    What are your thoughts on licensing?
    With the nice oral board as well I wager. I kept my licence as CAA. Two Brexiteers I knew that changed theirs have bugged out of the industry now due to Covid. End of the day, those with either can work where they want, as long as the country they are in allows them to. That is the question. I suspect the guys at NWI will need both for obvious reasons.
    Alonso Hater

  6. #146
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    East Anglia
    Posts
    567

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Alber Ratman View Post
    With the nice oral board as well I wager. I kept my licence as CAA. Two Brexiteers I knew that changed theirs have bugged out of the industry now due to Covid. End of the day, those with either can work where they want, as long as the country they are in allows them to. That is the question. I suspect the guys at NWI will need both for obvious reasons.
    According to the briefings - its all semi-automatic - in the same way as the transfer to EU licences. If your EASA Licence expires in UK and you apply to the CAA you will automatically get a UK part 66 licence - not another nationality’s. You can, of course, hold both licences as you can also hold an FAA A&P...but you have to pay for them.
    Not all the guys at NWI will need them...just four I recon.
    Looked alright to Me....

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Away from Scotland
    Posts
    2,462

    Default Re: here we go again!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rigga View Post
    According to the briefings - its all semi-automatic - in the same way as the transfer to EU licences. If your EASA Licence expires in UK and you apply to the CAA you will automatically get a UK part 66 licence - not another nationality’s. You can, of course, hold both licences as you can also hold an FAA A&P...but you have to pay for them.
    Not all the guys at NWI will need them...just four I recon.
    More than 4 C Certs. Anyone working the line maint side would need it (for AOGs and when the holiday flight maint cover). Any tech can be called across the VCP. I should know, I saw enough of them do so as they walked past my old office. Personally it is the other shite that will go with AOGs or work in the EU. Medical cover etc that I will refuse to go unless I have company insurance cover. I saw the hassle one of the guys I worked with at NWI had a medical issue in the EU as he didn't have an EHIC. Personally I am done with the whole subject. We will find out in the next few years if it was a wise choice or a complete custer.
    Alonso Hater

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •