Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CRS issue within EASA AEI Press release

Default Re: CRS issue within EASA AEI Press release

I know of people who actually hold a EASA A Licence issued by the CAA who have never done a single exam towards their Licence just working for the right company at the right time some years ago
    How right or wrong is that?

It is right, if they held simple and limited task cover after beeing trained and carried out the required experience on tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by unwantedB1 View Post
    I know of people who actually hold a EASA A Licence issued by the CAA who have never done a single exam towards their Licence just working for the right company at the right time some years ago
    How right or wrong is that?
    That was acceptable under the "Grandfather Rights". The beneficiaries had been certifying Daily Inspections and Limited & Simple Tasks with company stamps obtained after completing company trainings, exams and OJT as expressed in the company's MOE. EASA accepted their training and experience as equivalent to the A-Licence.
    I love this job

The little journo from the Daily Excess must have been reading this thread. Oh , he was.

So what Companies are using proceedures where non type rated or non licence holders are the only people to do and look at work done on a line enviroment without an LAE checking that work? That of course is illegal under PART M and PART 145. And Journo man.......
    Alonso Hater

So what Companies are using proceedures where non type rated or non licence holders are the only people to do and look at work done on a line enviroment without an LAE checking that work? That of course is illegal under PART M and PART 145. And Journo man.......
    I suspect quite a few will be if the trend continues as shown in Base Maintenance, you think that this is not next on the list for MRO's? Or maybe EASA may put their foot down.........

I have seen first hand today engineering Maintenance coming out of a certain Top EU Country
    Last night a B737 came back on stand next door to me (with my Broken came back on stand Airplane from the same EU Country) The captain reported a Problem he felt with his U\C as i was there asked to have a quick look discovered the No2 Mainwheel tyre was flat the Aircraft in question was not my Companies Contract but took a interest.
    Today when the spares turned up i was shown a TL Entry that stated 2 days before No2 Mainwheel tyre WTL and the TL entry was cleared Mainwheel replaced.
    Fact
    The Mainwheel was not replaced and in the 2 days since the entry was made the Brakes had all but seized up which made the wheels get very hot and the Fuse went in the wheel.
    i am guessing someone made a entry someone cleared the entry and failed to inspect the wheel replacement.

Thread Information