Thread: Just Got onboard BA

Post Just Got onboard BA

hello folks ,

I just got hired by BA so wish me luck .. and yes today I met ( Jason Mahoney) who was in town .
    “Even a broken clock is right twice a day.”

Default Re: Just Got onboard BA

Quote Originally Posted by kabu200 View Post
    hello folks ,

I just got hired by BA so wish me luck .. and yes today I met ( Jason Mahoney) who was in town .
    That’s really nice for you. Joining the “Worlds Favourite Airline (Engineering Co). Met the Grand Fromage. Have you come in on the OCG contract? Oh, and like the rest a significantly reduced pension etc? Whatever made you join?

Good luck, kabu2000.
    I love this job

Will no doubt look acceptable being ex BA on your CV in years to come
    The Higher the Fewer

Thanks No smoking ,

well , it is actually safe to assume BA is pretty much inline with the reset of Airlines ( at least the ones I worked for ) i.e KLM.
    it is a known fact that today's managements are becoming increasingly (hostile) if you will to say least for some known and unknown reasons i.e. increased competition by low cost airlines , enormous amount of MRO's that did not exist 10-15 years a go ,etc. BUT BA is still a great Airlines comparing to other airlines and yes I never assumed it is a perfect institution when I signed up .so since perfect work places no longer exist I guess it makes a little to no difference where we spend our last few years in a aviation.

...since perfect work places no longer exist I guess it makes a little to no difference where we spend our last few years in a aviation.
    I sense you are on the countdown. In my experience, it does matter.
    Two examples.
    . A guy on countdown joined a bare-bone MRO from a top MRO. He was used to life as a chief whereas everyone at the new joint rucked in on shifts. So, realising the mismatch, he quickly rode off into the sunset.

2. Another guy on countdown had the good fortune of having done Tech Services in his younger years. He figured out that instead of spending the countdown years clearing defects on the nightshift in cold, wet and windy weather, he could be better off pursuing Tech Services roles. He landed one and ended up having a fab tenure that saw him into retirement.
    I love this job

two words ..options - choices , in that order.

Naa . not there yet , still got long (rough) way to go . but North America is left with fewer options just like Europe in that sense . do not get me wrong , I'm up to speed on the qualification side ..heck I got the latest and greatest on my CAA B1 ticket A320 all the way to A350 including the latest 787. but that is not the scale any more ..

Thread Information