Thread: Recency Requirement with Re-sitting the Type Training

Default Recency Requirement with Re-sitting the Type Training

Hi everyone,
    Another tough question, that no NAA in EASA want to answer straight:
    - One way the reset the Recency on a type that someone has not certified for 6 months in the last two years, is to re-sit a type Rating Training, which I did, among other reasons, to have my Category B1 Type added (I had originally an “B2 only” Type), and the extra Engine differences.
    - Now the Theory was in November 2017, and Practical in March 2018.
    - Question: For how long will I remain current? I haven’t used yet, but I’m planning to switch back to this type in November
    - Does the day of issue of the licence with the Type (I have applied to add the Model with the different engine) will be the day I can start the counter, is it the day of the Practical Certificate, or the day of the theory?
    Regards

Default Re: Recency Requirement with Re-sitting the Type Training

GM 66.A.20(b)2 Privileges refers, Good for two years, date of issue.
    You will need to see what is in the specific company MOE as that will define the relevant criteria for recency and authorisation issue. It could be different to whats written in Pt 66 & Pt 145, generally speaking its more restrictive. If its your first B1 Type then dont forget the OJT

Quote Originally Posted by BluFin View Post
    GM 66.A.20(b)2 Privileges refers, Good for two years, date of issue.
    You will need to see what is in the specific company MOE as that will define the relevant criteria for recency and authorisation issue. It could be different to whats written in Pt 66 & Pt 145, generally speaking its more restrictive. If its your first B1 Type then dont forget the OJT
    Question was to reset currency, so OJT is not on the agenda is it. I am sure it is up to the Compliance manage to agree on work to regain currency. If you have redone the type course and practical element, it is reset, is it not?
    Alonso Hater

I had the same issue with two types transfering companies. One type I had currency records, no issues. Other type I have done the type course within the year, but not certified in that time since getting the rating )although I had A cat experince on it before hand. Got both on my current company auths..
    Alonso Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Alber Ratman View Post
    Question was to reset currency, so OJT is not on the agenda is it. I am sure it is up to the Compliance manage to agree on work to regain currency. If you have redone the type course and practical element, it is reset, is it not?
    correct it was added only as a reminder as a lot of people forget it when trying to add a new sub group type

The OJT bit I understand, I still couldn’t complete one and for instance BA doesn’t give you an approval if your fresh out of the type. So basically recency reset for my B2 was the questions, it looks that at the end of the day is up to QM.
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by UK-AME View Post
    The OJT bit I understand, I still couldn’t complete one and for instance BA doesn’t give you an approval if your fresh out of the type. So basically recency reset for my B2 was the questions, it looks that at the end of the day is up to QM.
    Regards
    I assume all the restrictions you may have had for the type (B1 electrics only) are removed off your licence and you did a complete B1/B2 course. Must have had a QM sponser to do that in the first place as the CAA would have thrown your application back. Your Compliance Manager is the bloke whom makes the decisions of course.
    Alonso Hater

Thread Information