Thread: Confusion regarding UKCAA License Transfer to another EU authority #Brexit

Default Confusion regarding UKCAA License Transfer to another EU authority #Brexit

Hello everybody,

Hope you're all doing great.

I am stuck to a small grey area here with regards to UKCAA license transfer to another authority. The issue is that i contacted the target EU authority to accept my license transfer application which thankfully they did, and gave me all the requirements to be fulfilled. One of the requirement is to submit the Original license to the authority. Later I contacted UKCAA for the step I was about to take and requested if there's anything they would require me to do before I move on. They replied positively but asked me to to fill a form and submit with Original license along with the FEE to UKCAA. Now I have two Authorities asking me to submit the original license to carry out transfer. Please share your useful thoughts and suggestions. Thanks

Default Re: Confusion regarding UKCAA License Transfer to another EU authority #Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Aviator747 View Post
    Hello everybody,

Hope you're all doing great.

I am stuck to a small grey area here with regards to UKCAA license transfer to another authority. The issue is that i contacted the target EU authority to accept my license transfer application which thankfully they did, and gave me all the requirements to be fulfilled. One of the requirement is to submit the Original license to the authority. Later I contacted UKCAA for the step I was about to take and requested if there's anything they would require me to do before I move on. They replied positively but asked me to to fill a form and submit with Original license along with the FEE to UKCAA. Now I have two Authorities asking me to submit the original license to carry out transfer. Please share your useful thoughts and suggestions. Thanks
    As far as I know, you only have to submit your original licence to your current authority, then your choosen authority will receive a report from them to check your “file” before they issue a licence....
    Warning here: they may not agree with the criteria of the CAA on how you got your licence , subsequent categories or types, then your new licence may not look the same....

Default Re: Confusion regarding UKCAA License Transfer to another EU authority #Brexit

Agree, you would need to have it cancelled by your NAA before the new NAA can issue as you cannot hold two EASA licences concurrently

Is that a fact I know I held licenses for two authorities at the same time but a while back. Working for a UK airline overseas which had a contract to transit another operator's aircraft visiting the same station.
    The Higher the Fewer

Yep 66.1 & AMC 66.1, it is written somewhere else as well but I can't recall where at the moment.
    Your competent authority is where you first apply, this will remain the case until you carry out a transfer of state, 66.1(a)2
    Last edited by BluFin; December 2nd, 2018 at 11:24.

I've sent my original licence with the form, a certified copy of my passport and 120 pounds to the CAA. I'm transferring mine to Ireland. Although I did send a query to the CAA about a limitation I have on my A320 type rating. Because the blurb on the CAA website says that national limitation MAY restrict/prevent the application, I have written to the CAA to ask what MAY means? So far haven't had an answer.

Never in a million years did I see this coming.........Me surrendering my UK licence because of politics!
    God created aircraft mechanics so that pilots can have heroes too.

Lets hope the UK NAA gives out unrestricted licenses in the next few months, to protect my old Section L electrics then. It will potentially only be to work on foreign carriers, so it will "allegedly" just be a level playing field?

Thread Information