Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Confusion regarding UKCAA License Transfer to another EU authority #Brexit

Default Re: Confusion regarding UKCAA License Transfer to another EU authority #Brexit

Got an email from CAA confirming that my records have been sent to Ireland. Sent an email with a query regarding some limitations on some of my type ratings back in Nov. I had a one sentence reply asking the question if the IAA would accept these limitations. I've had no clarification whatsoever regarding the text of the CAA website that says national limitations "MAY" delay or prevent transfer. I still don't know what the word "MAY" means in their context. Neither do they by the sounds of it.

I understand that they must be completely snowed under. But two months for an email query is unacceptable.

I need an EASA licence. A pure UK one is no good to me in the event that UK leaves EASA. I live overseas and certify EASA aircraft.
    God created aircraft mechanics so that pilots can have heroes too.

Default Re: Confusion regarding UKCAA License Transfer to another EU authority #Brexit

I suppose it has been considered as an eventuality that would never be used: a member state leaving. But, at least it was considered. I wonder if the IAA or LBA etc etc think the same as "we" do about our old section L licence? I am reasonably sure Germany, Ireland, France et al, do not think they are inferior in regulation to the UKCAA?
    Last edited by litebulbs; February 18th, 2019 at 10:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer
    Any future UK Licence is still an unknown quantity. It could be recognised widely, or it could become one of the licences you mention that do not translate overseas. It may not be suitable for my current position if my employer does not recognise it or the operator of the aircraft I am certifying doesn't.
    The way to go for the UK/CAA will be to continue in the harmised format existing between the FAA and EASA. UK/CAA was an active member in the production of those documents, EASA Parts 66/145/147 etc. As we come out of EU and EASA, we need to edit the documents to reflect our ownership.

As a nation manufacturing aviation products, the harmonised format with FAA and EASA will continue to provide the benefits inherent in the arrangement, such as the reduction in costs and times for testing new programs through the Type Certification process. The bilateral approval of AMOs and Air Operators is also facilitated.

The UK has been a stalwart in aviation regulation. It is inconceivable that any nation will treat with contempt any licences, whether corporate/organisational or personnel, issued by UK/CAA. We are open for business as a respected member of the ICAO family. Relationships with other ICAO member States are covered by Bilateral Agreements. Any State that sees no benefit in dealing with the UK/CAA is free to stay away.
    I love this job

Quote Originally Posted by No Smoking View Post
    .............Relationships with other ICAO member States are covered by Bilateral Agreements. Any State that sees no benefit in dealing with the UK/CAA is free to stay away.
    Should be, could be.....

Thread Information