Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UK Securing Post-Brexit Air Services Agreements

Default Re: UK Securing Post-Brexit Air Services Agreements

Quote Originally Posted by litebulbs View Post
    This should make air travel easier and cheaper for all and should nudge our competitive edge over the remaining EU nations and their "shared" regulatory service. or will we have to add tariffs on EU carriers, to fund our new self regulation?
    It will be free!!!! Believe me! Why everyone else on here mostly believes Rees Bogg and Boris the Animal.
    Alonso Hater

ATW Online; Monday 17 December 2018
    UK, Switzerland sign post-Brexit bilateral air services agreement

UK and Swiss authorities have signed a new bilateral air services agreement to ensure the continuation of flights between the two countries post-Brexit.

The new bilateral guarantees that the terms of the current European Union (EU)-Switzerland air services accord will continue to apply to the UK when it leaves the EU on March 29, 2019.

UK transport secretary Chris Grayling signed the pact Dec. 17 during a visit to Switzerland. It is the 10th such agreement to have been announced by the UK government in the run-up to the country’s planned departure from the EU next year.

In addition to agreements announced in November with Canada and the US, the UK has also secured deals with Albania, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, Kosovo, Montenegro and Morocco.

By: Kerry Reals
    NS Comment: Ramping up nicely.
    I love this job

Shock horror so the No-deal cliff edge disaster scenario can be avoided? All it takes in our business is for the CAA and EASA to come up with a deal that permits UK and EU flights to continue, we all know that most of the scaremongering we hear is tosh, when these idiots finally sit down and negotiate the Leaving of the EU we can all get on with life and who knows the remainers can get another referendum when Comrade Corbyn gets into power, oh no, wait a minute,he doesn't like the EU either!

Have you read the CAA and EASA guidance on either outcome Neil?

I have with great interest but don't forget the politicians can instruct the Civil servants in both Westminster and Brussels to just get on with it and make it work, it just takes the impetus to do it, which might have to wait until February or so.

Yes the politicians can, if there is an agreement. If there isn't EASA will have on less member to consult with (albeit a leading member) and the CAA will have to have a regulatory system in place overnight. I would shuggest one will be a tougher (vastly more expensive) task than the other.

I live in hope that even civil servants can sort this out, either way the referendum result will have been honoured, that alone speaks volumes in my book, we can always have another referendum in a few years time no problem for me but for us not to actually leave the EU would have been a step too far in my humble opinion.

It will be sorted, there are plenty of nations not in the EU, but most of them are behind the UK on GDP. There will be plenty of data post April 19 that will indicate how things are going, so lets hope the world wants the services the UK offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Armstrong View Post
    I have with great interest but don't forget the politicians can instruct the Civil servants in both Westminster and Brussels to just get on with it and make it work, it just takes the impetus to do it, which might have to wait until February or so.
    Er....European Court of Justice enforces EASA. The Leavers redline says the ECJ must not be involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jampton View Post
    Er....European Court of Justice enforces EASA. The Leavers redline says the ECJ must not be involved.
    When does a court get involved in aviation matters? A messy lease? An air accident? Disagreement over a fine imposed by an NAA? These are extreme cases which will likely be contested at local courts within EU-27 or the UK. If Ryanair, for instance, fails to pay fines imposed by the UK-CAA within the UK airspace, legal action to recover such fees will be initiated in the UK. The UK Supreme Court will be the final arbiter. If the final finding is against Ryanair, appropriate penalties will be imposed against them. Can anyone imagine that Ryanair will state that the UK courts have no jurisdiction to hear and decide on such a case? If Ryanair took that stance, they would be deemed unwanted within UK aviation.

You can read the same if Flybe behaved in a similar manner at any EU-27 nation.
    Last edited by No Smoking; December 20th, 2018 at 01:39.
    I love this job

Thread Information