Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Job Offer, Again

Default Job Offer, Again

Hi mates ,
    I would like to ask you a couple of questions if that's ok. I have an offer to work there as a LAE and I can choose between LHR and LGW.
    -About LHR I would like to know if the Line Base is too far from the Transport (i.e. tube or train Station, how long before should I get there?) (I think it would be short haul casualty team, don't even sure which Terminal is)
    - As I would be commuting to and from Madrid on days off, what about the cheapest Staff tickets (stand by), are those hot tickets ok? Or I'll be better off to-from LGW?
    - About OJT: I'm B2 originally, with a B1 licence for 6 years now, I was working in Australia so OJT was unavailable, and some of my types are still within the three years frame to be valid to put on my B1.1, but the A320 will expire in a year, so, do you think is achievable to do the OJT in a year at BA ? I have seen the book and it looks quite complicated. Any person that you know have finished? How long does it normally takes?
    Any info on this regards will help out to make up my mind.

Regards

Default Re: Job Offer, Again

61 views, no hint of an answer. Guess UK-AME himself has been doing a lot of passing-by, with just 28 posts in 8yrs.

I'm intrigued how one can expect to fly out to Madrid at every off-duty and fly back to resume shift at LGW or LHR. Is the offer for permie or connie position?
    I love this job

Commuting to/from Madrid? Good luck. Your s/by ticket will be very low priority as you are new to the company.
    S/haul is in T5. There is a tube station at T5. Casualty is in The Cathedral. You can get a tube to Hatton Cross for that.
    Quality department will give you better advice about yout B1 types, but as a rough guide it takes up to a year to get the required OJT. That is for a current B1. Yours may take longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jampton View Post
    Commuting to/from Madrid? Good luck. Your s/by ticket will be very low priority as you are new to the company.
    S/haul is in T5. There is a tube station at T5. Casualty is in The Cathedral. You can get a tube to Hatton Cross for that.
    Quality department will give you better advice about yout B1 types, but as a rough guide it takes up to a year to get the required OJT. That is for a current B1. Yours may take longer.
    Thanks for the answers, thatíll do it.
    Sorry for my low activity in this forum, I thought it will only be worth when is something that you can help or be help with, for arguments thereís a lot of political forums around...
    Cheers guys

Good luck on any job changes mate. If they want you they should get you the ticks in the boxes sorted. The forum is tumbleweed since that horrible B word raised its ugly neck out of the water.
    Alonso Hater

Quote Originally Posted by Alber Ratman View Post
    Good luck on any job changes mate. If they want you they should get you the ticks in the boxes sorted. The forum is tumbleweed since that horrible B word raised its ugly neck out of the water.
    I doubt if anybody left the forum because of Brexit. Life takes its toll on humans and their activities.
    I love this job

Get everything promised in writing. It doesn't mean you'll get it but it is a little more leverage.
    Best of luck.
    Er,I never touched it - it came off in me hand

Quote Originally Posted by No Smoking View Post
    I doubt if anybody left the forum because of Brexit. Life takes its toll on humans and their activities.
    This place died post 23rd June 2016. Our industry is full of old blokes mind. 6 people at my line station. Youngest and most talented is 43. I am next at 53. ****ing what!
    Alonso Hater

Well Alber at least it means there will be future opportunities for the youngsters as us old uns drop off the perch. :-)
    Er,I never touched it - it came off in me hand

If joining Budgie Airlines be very careful of your Ts and Cs (which probably won’t be explained at an interview) as when you meet your colleagues to find out you are on very different one to them.......... already happening and Licenced Engineers are leaving as soon as they find out!! ��

Thread Information