Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Covid 19

Default Re: Covid 19

I was not making any assumption on people arriving on a flight from somewhere increasing infections of somewhere else.

Maybe listen to this -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000mb06

The twitter feed I posted came from this episode. I have been downloading data from various sources since March, but this chap has done some excellent work on data presentation.

I agree with what is starting (finally) to come into the mainstream press, in that back in March/April, there were hundreds of thousands of cases each day and the virus swept through the country.

Now, was government policy of clearing hospitals into care homes wise? I know it is crystal ball higndsight, but governments are there to be held to account.

excellent, good basis for a proper discussion. Yes an excellent programme from an excellent source with a very good record on facts. You may also have picked up during that programme that in countries with good to excellent track and trace in operation, NOT ONE CASE was detected where the person had picked it up on public transport. NOT ONE.

That doesn't mean there won't be any but quite a staggering fact when you relate it to this thread.

Then add that Birmingham has been served by Emirates for only 12 days since the restart with a 777. How many were actually on board, what proportion of the passengers were asian? Even if we say we take the whole aircraft of 427 pax into account and it was full every day that would be approx. 5100 individuals.

Now your programme also mentioned that there were no hot spot areas south of Solihull. So lets take a look at Heathrow. Since the beginning of the year 18.8 million pax have passed through into wider society. Approx 8.8 million non EU/UK. 2.2 million of those were from asia. So I am supposed to believe that asians on emirates flights that have only started 12 days ago are the cause of this spike in Birmingham but 2.2 million passing through Heathrow, 78000 in August hasn't caused a blip anywhere.

100% proof to dismiss this nonsense, probably not. Good case to suspect that this thread is nonsense. On balance yes. Shame on some of the contents uneducated fools have posted here.

"Crowds flock to UK beaches to see family and friends before 'rule of six' change"
    You would be better off looking here for the cause of your spike in covid

I agree

Leeds pub becomes second premise to ban under-25s as young drinkers 'refuse to social distance'
    more evidence.
    Last edited by Tinsley Green; September 16th, 2020 at 20:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley Green View Post
    This is why the internet can actually make people become more stupid. Little bit like 5g cause corona. Posting is easy but back up your data set with some argument that supports or undermines this thread. The basis of this ignorant and racist thread is apparently that asians arriving on emirate jets have cause a rise in covid-19 cases in the Birmingham area.

Your data set only highlights cases are on the increase in Birmingham at the moment. Your data set doesn't prove or disprove that asians arriving on emirates is the root cause. It doesn't even offer a plausible alternative explanation.
    Also everywhere else emirates and other airlines bring pax from asia to in the UK and elsewhere. STOP bringing people to the UK travel is spreading this virus.
    Retired

grow up.

Agreed, again

Thread Information