Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Britain will retain its ability to wage war as a tier one power, says Govt

Default Britain will retain its ability to wage war as a tier one power, says Govt

"The UK will be able to wage another falklands war says defence secretary".

The tories get better by the minute.

Default Re: Britain will retain its ability to wage war as a tier one power, says Govt

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley Green View Post
    "The UK will be able to wage another falklands war says defence secretary".

The tories get better by the minute.
    We and the rest of the world have far more pressing issues to tackle at the moment rather than being a "tier one" power nation.
    I love this job

Default Re: Britain will retain its ability to wage war as a tier one power, says Govt

I think you are mistaken. The world has a number of equally pressing issues to deal with including a psychopath who is happy to use nerve agent on people because they disagree with him. A strong and effective military is not just about might and war mongering.

I think you are mistaken. The world has a number of equally pressing issues to deal with including a psychopath who is happy to use nerve agent on people because they disagree with him. A strong and effective military is not just about might and war mongering.
    You support a party that has destroyed the British Military. The Tory with the most military experience is Steve Baker. Failed JEngO. And a wanker. 10 years as a JO says it all. You talk out of your bottom all of the time. I will throw in injects when I hear your bullshit. Lite bulbs, enjoy your agruement with this brain dead moron.
    Alonso Hater

pilot officer, on 15 July 1992. He was promoted to flying officer in 1993 and flight lieutenant in 1996. Remaining in that latter rank, Baker retired from the RAF on 1 August 1999 at his own request.
    Pretty standard so its your uneducated ill informed bias speaking again. Were you a higher rank than him or a big mouth who overestimates his capabilities? Was it LAC Ratman by any chance?
    Last edited by Tinsley Green; September 14th, 2020 at 00:52.

Pretty standard so its your uneducated ill informed bias speaking again. Were you a higher rank than him or a big mouth who overestimates his capabilities? Was it LAC Ratman by any chance?
    He was a useless Junior Engineering Officer. Flight Lieutenant whom was JEngO 41 Sqn as his crunch tour. Was not up to the mark to go higher. If he had been, he would have seen promotion. He was never good enough. if you know the military system, an Eng O does IOT. 26 weeks. BEngO training, 26 weeks. Hard work to get through it, but not enough time to learn aerospace systems. A manager, no more. Not the Techie training of a year to maintain an aircraft. Not the experience to fix and manage the process. Read his bio. Companies he worked for post military are no more. He is a politician because he was ****ing useless. I was a SNCO in the RAF by the way and an LAE by the hard way when I left (thanks to the EASA crap on OJT when I was trying for my first type). I could walk an oral board as I have seen some of the LAEs I have worked with in the regional world that were BCAR and I remember a damm more about the subjects that their crammed reading for a chat. I go by knowledge, you carry on with Google.
    Alonso Hater

showed this to some of my ex Jag mates. None agree with you. Why do you think that is?
    SNCO never, ever, ever. The RAF did promote idiots but they never stooped this low.

Well I was a SNCO. There is actually an aircraft still in existance with my rank and name on the side of it to prove it. So ram that up your arse. EngO's were managers, not trained engineers. I had an EngO as a youngster in Germany. Her degree before joining the Air Force? Art.

This lot have a clue on what tier one actually means. Deluded if you think otherwise. Deluded if you believe any Tory minister at the moment.

https://militarywatchmagazine.com/forceapp/countries

Yes, we have a nuclear deterent. Can we operate at the moment as a Teir One nation in conventional means? No. Not a chance. Even with our two carriers, not a chance. The all arms infrastructure does not exist to support such actions. Our economy now could not support it and is unlikely to be able to do so for the foreseeable furture. As Smokie says, there are more pressing things that need sorting than sabre rattling.
    Last edited by Alber Ratman; September 14th, 2020 at 10:38.
    Alonso Hater

There is actually an aircraft still in existance with my rank and name on the side of it
    no there isn't. they didn't put LAC names on the side. And now you claim you were in Germany. 41 sqn was never in Germany.

no there isn't. they didn't put LAC names on the side. And now you claim you were in Germany. 41 sqn was never in Germany.
    I was on the same section as Rigga was in the 80s. 431 MU. Sheetie repairs around RAFG. When the IRA wanted to put a bomb on your car, because you had a black and white numberplate with a B. B78 BKP was the reg on my first motor.

And 41 Sqn were based in Germany for a while, not long but they were. You really should check your facts before you make a statement.

"In April 1945, the squadron moved forward with the advancing front and made its first base in Germany, just southwest of the town of Celle, 140 miles (225 km) due west of Berlin, and only a short distance southeast of the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp. During April and early May 1945, German resistance crumbled. 41 Squadron claimed 33 enemy aircraft destroyed, two probably destroyed and three damaged in the air and 21 damaged on the ground, in the 23 days preceding 3 May 1945 (the date of the squadron's final claim). Their own casualties for the same period were no pilots killed or wounded in action, and no aircraft lost to enemy action, although some did sustain combat damage."

And my name and rank is on the side of an aeroplane. And on the mechandise that people made of it.
    Last edited by Alber Ratman; September 14th, 2020 at 17:49.
    Alonso Hater

Thread Information