Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Alternatives?

Default Re: Alternatives?

Please stop telling me what my position is, this isn't a playground.

Hansard is a record of what was said and BoJo said these words. He is not the King or the President and the Government has already admitted that the Bill will break international law.

In "your view", will this bill break Article 4 of the Withdrawl Agreement?

Please stop telling me what my position is, this isn't a playground.
    you are behaving like a child. You fidget, you jump all over the place instead of answering the question, you are trying to play little mind games like what does spirit of the law mean. These are all little signs that you have not moved from you ideological position. And now its going to be nonsense about breaking international law as if we would be the first to do such a thing and without commenting on whether the breach may be unavoidable. Or is your position roll over UK and let us be f**cked by the EU?

you know when computers first became mainline (banks etc.) people used to complain about mistakes and blame the computer. Then they learned about data input and then they realised shit in=shit out. But in the cold light of day it is actually all about a process. Follow the process and you get the right answer.

Why do you think it is, that when the discussion is about the EU the headline is always the last step in the process?
    Shock, horror, the UK is contemplating breaking international law. Next question should be why? Not an ideological path through fantasy land of ideals and nonsense. Hard reality, free of politics. What is going on and why?
    The evidence is there.

I refer the slightly less honorable gentlemen to a previous quote:

it's very difficult when you play against foreign opposition because culturally they don't class diving, or feigning injury, as cheating. They only see it as part of the game.

It was a very very simple question: will this bill break Article 4 of the Withdrawl Agreement?

still trying to protect your cousins. remember what I said, back to the start. But I will humor you. Yes it obviously does.

And I am making an informed guess, that you see this as a good thing regarding whether there is a deal with the EU, noting that this deal is less than a year old?

Quote Originally Posted by litebulbs View Post
    And I am making an informed guess, that you see this as a good thing regarding whether there is a deal with the EU, noting that this deal is less than a year old?
    No I think its bad. And yes keep the note, the deal is fresh.

Seems litebulbs is struggling with my answer. That informed guess didn't go well. Does my reply not fit the remainer ideological profile of a brexiteer?

So yes I support the eu withdrawal agreement and think its a good thing. Yes I support the govt breaking international law if necessary and accept that would be bad for the agreement. Why?

Well the answer lies in the withdrawal agreement. I suppose you have actually read it litebulbs and not just regurgitating lefty nonsense?

Why don't you tell the ladies and gentlemen watching what article 5 states for example.

I refer the still slightly less honorable gentlemen to my previous quote:

it's very difficult when you play against foreign opposition because culturally they don't class diving, or feigning injury, as cheating. They only see it as part of the game.
    Last edited by Tinsley Green; September 21st, 2020 at 07:16.

The spirit of any agreement is most often not written down in the same way as the intent of a law is often used to form an 'unintended consequence'.
    It seems that there was an unwritten agreement to honour the intent of the NI border controls but, having negotiated the move of the border to the North Sea, the EU Negotiators/lawyers intimated verbally that there was the "probability" of declassifying UK as a suitable food source...
    In my view this amounts to an Annexation of NI to the EU through Customs Laws.
    Looked alright to Me....

It seems that there was an unwritten agreement
    It doesn't seem at all rigga. The situation is very clear and documented. All the information is available for those who take the time to look.
    Last edited by Tinsley Green; September 21st, 2020 at 18:03.

Evening All,

I didn't understand your answer Tinsley; it is a dichotomy.

I would say breaking the agreement means the UK falls foul of Article 5.

Thread Information