Thread: ALAE born again?

Default ALAE born again?

I have heard a rumour that ALAE may be starting up again but just as an Association?

Default Re: ALAE born again?

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Armstrong View Post
    I have heard a rumour that ALAE may be starting up again but just as an Association?
    It was an "Association" by name from time, and its functions included defending the rights of members.

The ALAE thread has been inactive here for a long time, but I wasn't aware the body had run out of steam.
    I love this job

There is a bit more chatter over on the Pro Nigel forum

I have always wondered that since being part of a big Trade Union the ALAE has lost a lot of it's appeal to those LAE's that want 'Trade Representation' in Industry but do not want a big TU pushing along big TU style stuff in their name.

Many LAE's work in General Aviation, small businesses that would never entertain nor want Union recognition but have dedicated LAE's working within it that would like a voice in Industry, influence with our Regulator without 'shouting' loudly but just using sensible professional advice and feedback to improve Air Safety and recognition of the responsibilities of an LAE each time maintenance is performed and signed for.

There are thousands of LAE's in the UK that do not belong to any organisation that acts in their interests and maybe a simple straightforward Association could work who knows?

There are thousands of LAE's in the UK that do not belong to any organisation that acts in their interests and maybe a simple straightforward Association could work who knows?
    Without doubt it worked for some members who had issues that needed resolving. A few examples abound on the ALAE thread here. Maybe Time has just moved on. Except, as litebulbs contributed above, ALAE stuff may be trending better on Pprune.
    I love this job

Quote Originally Posted by No Smoking View Post
    Without doubt it worked for some members who had issues that needed resolving. A few examples abound on the ALAE thread here. Maybe Time has just moved on. Except, as litebulbs contributed above, ALAE stuff may be trending better on Pprune.
    BALPA is strong with the flight deck boys. Unite is Cabin Crew. Pprune is full of OAP ex Officers and Dinosaurs in the main (and full of nob head admins). LAE's are loners. Fact.
    Alonso Hater

I'm still a member of the ALAE, now a branch of the professional union Prospect.

Edit: Just read the threads in PPrune, I didn't realise the ALAE had stopped representing us at EASA and the CAA? Anyway very glad to have had Prospect in my corner during my last two redundancies!!
    Last edited by Globetrotter; March 3rd, 2021 at 18:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I'm still a member of the ALAE, now a branch of the professional union Prospect.

Edit: Just read the threads in PPrune, I didn't realise the ALAE had stopped representing us at EASA and the CAA? Anyway very glad to have had Prospect in my corner during my last two redundancies!!
    That bit can be expected due Brexit. Engaging with the UK CAA should be the target now.
    I love this job

Thread Information