Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I missing something??

Default Am I missing something??

I see from todays Times that Mervyn Walker has taken responsibility and quit for the fiasco at LHR this summer. Now good on him, its about time someone took responsibility for something - but what I don't quite understand is why Big Mac is still in his post. If Mervyn can walk for a screw up that cost the company £10 Million why are Mac and his cronies still in place after a screw-up that has cost the company the best part of £200 Million and counting?

Is Mac in the same Lodge as Skippy?

Default Re: Am I missing something??

Balders,

Our beloved Director of Engineering has,I believe proffered his resignation to the Board at least twice,it was declined ,I think the Board are working on the premise that "You fecked it ,you fix it!" They obviously hope that by throwing money at a problem it will make it go away!

Perhaps they are supplying him with enough rope to hang himself,when it still aint fixed they will sack him (Memo to Board: Sack "Whinnie -the -Pooh.,"Bigfoot" et al,then watch morale in Engineering rocket)

Trouble is Balders,according to the "Grown-ups" this marvellous system was sabotaged by the peasants,the "Grown-ups" claim that everybody within Engineering received 4.5 days training on EWS (I received 4.5 hours !)
    The Company were told that it was a user-(un)friendly system ,but refused to take notice of same !

Has anybody got any idea what "Farewell Package" Mr Walker received?

May I wish you all a Very Merry Christmas from us all at the Craggy Island Parochial House!!

that everybody within Engineering received 4.5 days training on EWS [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
    :

I look forward to receiving my 4.5 days in payback then. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Lostslot ,

Regarding your "Back Pay", the unions pointed out to the "Grown-ups" that,not everyone within BA was computer literate,BA then said that training would be provided. The unions then asked if computer literacy would be a skill ,"Yes" says BA, "If that is the case we require payment for our new found skill then !" state the unions ! The silence from BA was deafening !

And let us not forget the other bright ideas that have been doomed to fail such as Zonal tooling, moving the stores off site and selling off support workshops. How much has that lot cost or more to point has such initiatives saved BA anything at all?

I hear that at one of the 'owning our future' days attended by one of my colleagues it was admitted by McDonald himself that EWS was a mistake and the company would dump it if they could, but they can't. I feel so much better now [img]/forum/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Many Thanks Baldrick,
    The news that Mervyn Walker of the inept
    "No longer under the BA umbrella, but not to worry as you will still be doing plenty of BA work" letter to outsourced employees and the summer fiasco has gone is iceing on the Christmas Cake.

F T

The word was payback. [img]/forum/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    that everybody within Engineering received 4.5 days training on EWS
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOT true !!

....... some of us were lucky to only have the "how to try and book your a/l" course. This was due to our inept manager either trying to save money, or being too busy frequenting the terminal bars of LHR trying to catch guys drinking ! ( oh yes ---- "that" one !).
    [img]/forum/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I got 1 days training plus 1 hour from a FTE who didn't have a clue about what he was talking about. The only people I know who had 4.5 days training were FTEs, planners etc. I personally do not know any LAE who had the 'Role based training' course. Maybe elsewhere some did but not here.

Thread Information