Thread: Kuwait Airways

Default Kuwait Airways

Hi,
    I would like to talk any engineer who worked for Kuwait Airways or currently working for them.

Default Re: Kuwait Airways

Hi latifm,I used to work for kuwait.The weather is very hot from june to end of september the temp is not below 40c at night and 48c during mid day,burning hot.It used to be a good company until british expats left for ek.locals have taken over,they are only interested in positions and all dirty /donkey work is done by indian expats.however salary is 3200 sterling but u have to pay for housing and school fees .rest is saving as nothing else to do or buy after you hve all household goods.As an expat u are will receive all the dirty jobs while locals drink tea or go home early.I hear from friends that airline is deliberately being sabatoged so rich sheiks can buy it cheaply.Locals are very revengeful and will never forget anything.slave /master attitude is there.

Not any experience of Kuwait airlines but am working in Kuwait just now. If you think it's bad there try Saudi! I did 2 years there and it is s**t. Kuwait is OK, people much nicer, nearly westernised, etc and if you get out and about you can have a good time. But lets not mention the driving skills!

ARE YOU SURE YOUR WIFE'S A NUTTER?

WORKING OUT THERE MIGHT IT POSSIBLY BE YOU?

HAS THE SUN GOT TO YOUR HEAD? [img]/forum/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Fair point!!

It isn't that bad there really!

And wife is barking mad!!!!!!!

this is a reply to the engineer slagging Kuwait Airways. i am a british engineer and have worked for Kuwait Airways for over 18 years. i have not seen any bad attitudes "master/slave" during my working career and i must say i am very suprised you seem to think that. i was so intrested in you letter that i did a bit of digging and found that you had been hired as a mechanics and then subsequently trained by kuwait airways to become an engineer. i also found that Kuwait Airways spent a considerable amount of money and time to educate you. furthermore, i found out that you were transfered to Dubai station with a salary increase. after spending a year there, you decided to work for Qatar airways. unfortunately, you also decided to forge your C.V and claimed to have more experience and aircraft types than you acutally have. in my experience in avaition, i must tell you that Operations and engineering depend on honesty. if your initial C.V is forged than you can not be trusted to work on aircrafts.
    you unfortunately decided to slag-off both Kuwait Airways and Qatar airways and forgot to mention the truth.
    my vote is with both Kuwait Airways and Qatar Airways.
    i enjoy working for Kuwait airways and have no plans to look for a new job.

enginfo ;pretty accurate generalization

Dear MR KIMO,This is in response to your response to engginfo support of engineer who joined QA.I can plainly see that you hve not thought of what you were writing but were just asked to respond and rage of guilt.You r held as Shakespear of the desert by your peers but not as factual writer or able to take critical remarks.Your cock & bull story was a good piece of disinformation(did the Americans teach u this).You are neither British or loyal or honest.You were the engineer who applied to one of the gulf airlines so as to get what u wanted within Ku but once u got what u wanted u never joined the other airline.I guess u had not found ur loyality or honesty then.Since when hve KU educated expatriates they do not even get KD500 given to kuwaitis for getting Jar licence/hve extorinate bonds/no apprication/reducation in salary /etc list is long as ku has become most prejudiced airline in the region. This eng got his jar and only moved to QA due to being abused by ur RMM in gulf and RMM also rushed over to QA to assuage their concience after his actions with his LMM to change contract from Gulf to QA to keep QA happy.As for honesty ask you friend how he was caught when he obtained air ticket fraudlently in doha .I bet KU/QA managmnet does not know about this.Only Qa has show patience all credit goes to QA eng mngmt.Now he is offering cheap certification contracts in the gulf and even free 3 month trials.As u can see ku mngmt is obssecively vindicative and as engginfo said Slave /master attitude still exists.My advise to all expats is to leave before privatization comes or engineering is sold out to another company.I dont want to wash KU s dirty laundry in public but the washing basket is full.Any more bull **** will be responded with more facts.Take care and regards to all genuine hard working engineers in ku .

Thread Information