Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: B2 Scope of Approval

Default Re: B2 Scope of Approval

There is an airline in the uk who give jar 66 b2 licence holders with an in house jar 66 pass, complete coverage as if they had grandfather rights. JAR 66 not worth the paper it is printed on!

I think you might be posting in the wrong forum, if you are sure of your facts.

Have a read of https://www.caa.co.uk/Our-work/Make-...lowing-policy/

They don't muck about and 'handle' around 150 reports per year, although this is on the increase year on year. It might be best to think about any possible longer-term impacts for your career before blabbing though....

Been there done that. My career is not a problem, I am now a full time care assistant. BA gave me a good laugh last weekend that I much needed, travelling public got what they deserved cheap flights on the terminal floor lol !
    Retired

Travelling public got what they deserve not sure I agree with that statement. Most of the contributors on this site depend on those wishing to fly to keep us employed.
    The Higher the Fewer

Sure I see your point, but how low are you willing to let your salary drop. Many job's have already gone and more to go with A licensed working. When it all goes horribly wrong and it will with down skilling C checks being done in the Phillipines, China where workers are paid a dollar an hour and three rice meals a day, how many of us used to be employed in the UK doing C checks? I have seen so many near misses in recent years. Will you still have a job anyway? Hangar managers asking "why cann't they all do the work why have B1 and B2". I met another who had a qualification a degree in business from the university of limerick you could not make it up what's going on. I fear many like me will no longer fly, to expensive and to dangerous !
    Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Jarwot View Post
    Travelling public got what they deserve not sure I agree with that statement. Most of the contributors on this site depend on those wishing to fly to keep us employed.
    Unless their commercial department is clueless.
    Alonso Hater

I was not thinking of any specific operator more a general comment. So guess there will be animosity when companies keep looking for the cheaper option. Heavy maintenance farmed out may look good to the bean counters. But having to accept an aircraft back after an out sourced check usually proves its not a cheaper way to operate. But then I'm seeing it from the hangar floor. Way back the favourite airline made it clear they could make more money buying and running hotels!
    The Higher the Fewer

Quality doesn't have to suffer just because the maintenance done abroad, that's the old Qantas Unions argument but many would disagree. Sure you can take your aeroplanes to the far side of the world and have them done at a fraction of the price by some gash outfit but there are many quite capable MROs all over Europe and the world which will do a quality job at a fraction of the price for a variety of reasons and not just because of local wages.
    I think companies like BA and EasyJet and others will look to do a lot more of their maintenance on mainland Europe after Brexit kicks in, not because the labour is any cheaper (although it will actually be cheaper in some places) but because it will be a lot easier to do business within the EU particularly for European A/C like Airbus. There's a lot of paperwork, hold ups and customs and excise duty involved in moving high value spares across borders, BA would save a fortune by keeping all their maintenance within the EU with one of their group airlines rather than have to go through the ordeal of shipping tons of spares from the EU to the UK and pay a premium for the privilege. The quality would be as good and the money would still stay within the group. Likewise EasyJet and the others must be looking at similar options....
    Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians....

Thread Information