Thread: Re: EASA

Default Re: EASA

EASA formation is scheduled for Sep 2003. Have heard that date for end of section L is 2007 but I should imagine they would do what the CAA were going to do anyway in 2011 and just automatically convert to a *****/EAR66 limited licence.

Default Re: Re: EASA

Seems like section L will be treated at least as good as the French !! (they have no licensing system) You'll probably end up with a EASA 66 that allows you to do B1 activity and any LAM that you had before for under 5700KG. We can't wait for our NEA out here to join EASA unless they're not allowed. Malta I think is already in so we should get all our Grandfather rights because under EASA you have to apply to your LOCAL Authority. Still worried that I can't contract as a CRS under this system. Who's gonna turn round the Sun Sea Sangria flights if we don't.

Hi guys,

I am all for progress (if it has a purpose)! I believe this EASA has to honour existing qualifications, just like the JAA under the grandfather rights had to honour existing (section L) Licenses.

What really gets me though, is that they are in some ways making it easier and easier for "hairdressers" to hold a Licence and a CRS. Gone are the days when you literally pooed your knickers, when going to the CAA for an Oral... Nowadays, you get the Licence sent in the post, together with a photo of the aircraft you have just been approved for!...

Hi doulie, …… you have hit a live nerve here, its all to do with the CAA abdicating their responsibilities for The Safety Regulation under the banner of “helping uk aviation industries” ……………….. well some QCs Managers for years been giving approvals for any blog is in their opinion a failed engineer as themselves, ………. Been so since JAR145, infect that was the main undeclared purpose of JAR145.

Hi again,

The American Declaration of Independance, everything a whole nation stands for, consists of a paragraph of a couple hundred words.

We "Europeans" progressive as we are, need six meetings in Brussels by a couple hundred resident Euro-MPs, to approve a new product coming on the market (could even be a sweetie, as far as I'm concerned).

I think they are moving the goalposts too quickly, because these Euro-MP parasites, don't even know themselves, what they want.. So we have the totally chaotic situation where:
    a) Whole NAAs don't even know what's next
    b) JAR 145s are the same
    c) Poor old "mech on the street" just wants to have a current Licence to peform his job, so will do/pay anything a) and b) tell him.

It is a sad state we are in, but that is Europe I am afraid... talk about too many cooks.... Until the JAR-rubbish, I held concurrently a UK CAA, a German LBA and a A&P Licence. This JAR 66, saved me loads of money, especially as a contractor (paying for it all myself)...

Personally I think the JAA should "come clean", stop baffling us with mumbo-jumbo and treating us like mushrooms.... let ALL the JAR NAAs catch-up, before they change it all again....

Thread Information