Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Goes Dublin Line?

Default How Goes Dublin Line?

How is everything at Dublin? Everyone Happy?

Default Re: How Goes Dublin Line?

Everyone is happy enough. The future looks promising for the Line.....but you never know!!

Is there any jobs going there? I'm starting to look about moving back. Can you PM me any details ie money and Terms etc!!

Nothing at the moment and prob for the next 2/3 years until other stuff is sorted out. I heard through the grape vine Air Contractors, Cityjet and Aer Arann are looking for people at the moment in Dub if thats any help

Air Contractors are recruiting if you have ATR 42/72, A300 B4, or L382

Unfortunaltely all Boeing at the moment. Do Air contractors type lads up?

Whats happening in DUB with Aer Lingus and SR Technics?! It cant keep goin on after 2008 with 2 companies maintaining the aircraft.....anyone know of any plans? i.e. maybe a joint venture...
    Any idea if Aer Lingus will be looking after either of the new 330's when they arrive or will they both be maintained by SRT?
    Cheers guys
    I have been let back on for now !

Lingus are adamant to get the full fleet back. It'll all come to a big greasy head around 7th June next year. I think though SRT could offer a better deal ie another contract but I don't think the head guys in the Big Green SHamrock will want to go back down that road.

It could go like Ryanair... lots of handlers and just a few Engineers signing the logs and lots of night work!

Lingus want one of the new 330s. They got a new Goldhofer Lifter for it and all!
    "I wasn't in that day"

As fas as i heard SRT as negotiating a lease for that Goldhoffer lifter for the 330's. SRT also now have a goldhoffer from aer lingus branded in their own stickers.
    I couldnt see it working well lingus handling one of the new 330's..srt handling 8 330's and lingus handling 1 of them. Sure who knows whats gonna happen! Whats this about the 7th June next year? thought the contract expires 2008?
    Could anyone see a joint effort between the 2 companies being set up properly? i.e. maybe a subsidery, all wearing same uniform and workin under one name?

The 7th of June was a date pulled out of the hat by upper management, when they would decide to keep or let go any fixed term connies working in line maintenance. (Roughly 19 engineers and 3 support staff)

If they keep them on, chances are they have big plans to grab the fleet back.

They would have found out sooner but the Company asked the Unions for one more year to 'decide'. Basically, the bosses haven't a clue till the SRT contract is nearer to ending.

Also the fact that the whole place is for sale can affect the Maintenance staff hiring and SRT contracts etc. There's no way investors will want the extra baggage of some sub-contractor (SRT) looking after their planes when they buy Lingus. So, I imagine Lingus will fight for the fleet back and then sell it on.

Thread Information