Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jar 66 Or Easa 66

Angry Jar 66 Or Easa 66

Just been knocked back for a B2 job because I have a JAR 66 ticket and not a EASA Part 66 ticket. Anybody else had this bollocks.

Default Re: Jar 66 Or Easa 66

Quote Originally Posted by Machiavelli View Post
    Just been knocked back for a B2 job because I have a JAR 66 ticket and not a EASA Part 66 ticket. Anybody else had this bollocks.
    Not supposed to be like that. The JAR-66 booklet is valid. You get the EASA booklet when next you need to send the licence for renewal or extension.
    I love this job

Machiavelli, NS hi.
    It may still be valid but for employers it is easier to recruit someone with a latest licence. This is because the conversion/renewal process is fraught with difficulties and licences often come back with additional limitations or types missing.
    If someone has got their licence, worksheets, certificates etc through the CAA and got a full EASA licence back then they're 'sorted'
    If they haven't, then there could be a period where doubt exists and renewal could take ages to sort out and in many cases courses have to be found and funded to satisfy the regulators.
    The holder of an EASA ticket should be able to 'hit the ground running' to use an awful management saying. For the guy who tries conversion however, it can be like trying to nail jelly to the ceiling.

But there is no technical difference between the Jar 66 and EASA Part 66 licence.
    Eat more pies....M0NCL

Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    But there is no technical difference between the Jar 66 and EASA Part 66 licence.
    We know this, but do the CAA? The problem we all seem to be facing at the moment is that very few of us and that includes pilots and management actually trust the CAA to get anything right

The amount of pilots and engineers who have problems with the CAA is amazing.

I think there is something seriously wrong with the system in the UK when we are forced to deal with an authority that make it up as they go along.

I asked someone in licensing recently about removal of limitations, I was given an answer which seemed to be at odds with what I had read. When questioned, the person admitted that they did not really know the answer but had just related something they had been told!!

The big question is what can we do to stop this and make the CAA understand that this is not a game and that they are dealing with peoples lives and careers. Unfortunately given the apathy of anyone senior in the CAA (have you ever tried to contact anyone without going through that terrible automatic operator and the bunch of harridens that answer the phone?) I cannot see an easy solution.

The main conversion event is going from Section "L" to JAR/EASA Part 66. The CAA statement on JAR Pt 66 to EASA Pt 66 is as reported in my earlier post.

But all of that is true for EASA member states. Countries like Turkey are in JAR, not EASA. Maybe Machiavelli can tell us why he has not done the move from JAR to EASA. I am already due a second renewal on my EASA AML, having initially gone from BCAR to JAR.
    Last edited by No Smoking; March 28th, 2007 at 21:19. Reason: Couldn't imagine that the "Swear Monitor" would zap [email protected], if you put a instead of @...
    I love this job

Have to agree with NS. There is no difference. This sounds like a case of HR instructing the candidate that EASA is what is on my checksheet, so JAR must be something foreign.
    That went as well as can be expected.........

I converted my BCAR ticket, multi X and R, to JAR in Nov 2002 and it is valid till Nov 2007 when I will convert to EASA. The agency involved with this prospective job have informed me that the client will only accept Part 66. How pants is that.

Sigma hi.
    You say that Pilots and Management don't trust the CAA. What do you think that engineers think about pilots and management? Please consider a response!

Seems to be on a country by country basis at the moment (again no consistency) just another way to get you to part with your money to change your licenses over.

Another money maker!!!

Thread Information