Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Moving to belfast?

Default Re: Moving to belfast?

Er, thinking that Celtic means Sale, as in bargain offers. You know, like breakfast reduced to 75p from 95p...
    I love this job

I've already been to the IKEA sale a few times.

One day I'll make it past the breakfast and see what else is there.

Do they sell furniture?

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Pls advise.

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

Do they sell furniture?? Sure do. Cost a lot more than 95p, though...
    I love this job

celtic mech,any rumour to who is getting the base maint. contract??

celtic mech,any rumour to who is getting the base maint. contract??
    The rumour is that SRT will keep the base contract as it suits Aer Lingus that SRT have their facilities at the same base as Aer Lingus, the other parties mentioned as possiblities were Sabena Techniks and Lufthansa Technik, but this may only be a ploy to help Aer Lingus in their negotiations. The rumour also says that the line maintenance contract with SRT is a 'loss leader' and only viable if SRT also did the base maintenance. In the event that SRT did not get the base contract they would ditch the line contract and if that happens there isn't any other company in Dublin who could take it over without the enormous investment required to set up a line maintenance operation in Dublin of the size necessary to look after an operation like Aer Lingus.....

But then again this is only the rumour as told to me....
    Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians....

i heard something similar to lufthansa tecknik in shannon for the A320 base maint. there was rubbish on the irish news last week that 1500 jobs will go if srt lose the contract,what a great way of trying to rope EIN into giving them contracts,if that did happen,there'd be uproar 'oh aer lingus this aer lingus that',rubbish again as EIN have the right to chose who they want,the media made it out that it would be EIN's fault.

I am told that the base maint contract is now down finally to 2 parties...SRT and Sabena Technics...will be announced in Early Feb i was told along with the line maint outcome. The strong rumors out there are lingus want the line maint themselves....i.e. insource it. This would involve taking workers from SRT. There is some EU law that states something in the ballpark about having to employ workers or compensating them if there are jobs available and their works going from one firm to another.
    SRT, with base maint, provide lingus with an great service. hangars are on demand basically if anything goes wrong. workers working around the clock to get the problem rectified. You pay for what you get in Maintenance. Just look at the Gulf Air 767's....in an absolute heap...corrosion beyond belief as they were done where it was the cheapest to get it done. I think the people looking for these contracts should stop completely focussing the outcome on the sales figure being cheapest. Ok it may save you a few quid in the short/medium term....but as with the gulf air 767's...it will come back to haunt and cost ya a fortune eventually!
    I have been let back on for now !

Have to agree with Celtic Mech, SRT provide an excellent service to Aer Lingus, the value of experience/knowledge/skills of the people plus the world class facilities and skills available to them at their home base 24/7 are immeasurable and should be strongly considered when shopping around to save a few quid on maintenance providers. Anyone whos ever been AOG at a station away from base will know what I mean, with their hangars, back shops, tooling and equipment, sheet metal shop, NDT, and everything else SRT are a Godsend if you ever find yourself in the poop, for Aer Lingus to ignore that would be disastrous. At the moment Aer Lingus Line look after a few of their own A/C and even they would be unable to cope with the workload if they suddenly had to take on the maintenance of the whole fleet. For this to happen there would have to be a massive investment by AL at Dublin and I just don't think they have the guts (or the money) to do it. As for the SRT staff, a great many of them were originally transferred to SRT from Aer Lingus (via TEAM and FLS) when AL originally decided to outsource their maintenance in the first place. I think if they were suddely cast aside because SRT lose the AL contract there would be a massive outcry and backlash from the unions in both companies....
    Dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians....

Thread Information