Thread: Logbook entries?

Default Logbook entries?

Hey there,

Currently writng out my logbook for my B1 application. Just a quick question to ask whether there's much difference between the content required for an A license logbook to a B license one?

Had a look at copies of both that guys at work have and I can't see much difference but obviously don't wanna get caught out by the nice chaps at the CAA.

Any advice or info would be greatly appreciated.

Default Re: Logbook entries?

To be honest, just put absolutely everything in, whether it be rolling out a carpet in the cabin or rigging an Aileron. The more the better, although they'll still find fault somewhere....

To ensure you receive an unrestricted B1 try and include as many electrical and avionic tasks as possible. They'll be looking for fault finding, wiring checks and electrical hand skills (crimping, bit of soldering etc).
    One of the guys I work with had his application returned by the quality department because they said the CAA would reject it for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    To ensure you receive an unrestricted B1 try and include as many electrical and avionic tasks as possible. They'll be looking for fault finding, wiring checks and electrical hand skills (crimping, bit of soldering etc).
    One of the guys I work with had his application returned by the quality department because they said the CAA would reject it for that reason.
    Good point, a friend of mine even had his rejected for not enough CH52!? If you have the CAA logbook, make sure all the general competency stuff is stamped up too. If you don't have the CAA's book, photocopy the pages(provided they're blank) from someone else and fill them out.

Cheers fellas. I'm making headway with it and the company I work for has an excellent set of tasks listed at the front of its logbooks covering everything from soldering to sheet metal work to removing galleys and everything in between.

I've heard horror stories of licenses taking 12-14 weeks to come back. I'd quite like to keep it as small as possible but from what I gather a lot depends on what mood the guy/girl is in at the CAA that day.

I'll let you know how it gets on!

How about work experience recency? Six month rule in two years etc.

Say, you have both Boeing & Airbus types, but only work one type. The other will soon be out of date if your not careful with your contracts/employment - Not that easy nowadays.

This can be a problem for a contractor. With the airline/client refusing employment without it.

It should be easy (& I think it should also be their responsibility) for the airline/client to provide OJT for two weeks, to bring the valuable prospective employee (me) 'up to speed', whilst still preforming his duties.

Any thoughts? Should we complain to the CAA or CHIRP?

Or is this just another hoop we have to jump through? - What with CRC, HF , Fuel AWL/CDCCL & GSAT!
    No fault found. Please report further.

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    if you already have a B2 and then apply for a B1, i take it its pretty much garunteed to be un restricted?

Thread Information